Question about drink packages on RCCL

Kpurdy79

Hi All! Although I have been a member for a while this is my first post! I could never figure out how to post and just realized I had never activated my account!:p

My family and I have done several cruises but will be going kidless on Liberty of the Seas on 1/9. :) We are also first time Royal Caribbean guests after being on both Carnival and Norwegian so we cant wait!!

Our dilemma is about whether it is worth it for us to get the drink package onboard. My husband yes for sure! He is a beer drinker and it will easily make use of the package. Me....not so sure. I have read many posts about this topic but cant find any information about specialty coffees being included. As in, is there a place that I can go in the morning/afternoon and get a Latte, tea etc?? This would probably make it worth it for me because I most likely will drink at night and maybe 1 or 2 during the day.

Also, I thought I read that 18% gratuity is added to the bar bill without the package and that with the package it is already included? Am I correct on this? We usually will tip a buck or 2 per drink extra but want to make sure I have this info correct.

Thanks everyone for your input!!

Edited by Kpurdy79

I haven't done this yet but I have been researching quite a bit for our upcoming cruise. My understanding is that the specialty coffee included is mochas, espresso, cappuccino and the like from Cafe Latte-tudes, Cafe Promenade and the dining room. It seems that if there are multiple sizes available it is the "small" or "tall" version - but you can always go back and get another. :)

We are considering one soda package and one Royal Replenish (all the non-alcoholic drinks) because of the new offerings.

It is 15% gratuity they add onto the bar bill and yes, it is already included if you buy a package.

The gratuity on drinks purchased is 15%. This is included in the price of the Replenish, Select, Premium, and Ultimate packages.

The only packages that include specialty coffee are the Replenish ($20/day) and Ultimate ($65/day) packages. There are no alcoholic beverages included in the Replenish package.

You ask about 'the drink package' but there a actually many different packages with different inclusions. There is a non-alcohol package at $20 per day which includes specialty coffees (as well as soda, water, juice and non-alcoholic cocktails) so that one might suit you. If your DH drinks mostly beer the next package up might be good for him. They have recently changed the name but I think that package is now called 'select'.

The RCL website has details of all the packages and also there are several threads here about the new packages on which people have posted flyers which list all the options.

Another great benefit of the new packages is that you no longer both have to purchase the same one :)

Thanks everyone! Not sure how I missed the flyers! Too bad the coffee is not included with the select or premium. Those are the packages we were debating about! :mad:

However, I would assume with those packages, I could go to the bar and order a Bailey's and coffee if I wanted too?

Thanks everyone! Not sure how I missed the flyers! Too bad the coffee is not included with the select or premium. Those are the packages we were debating about! :mad:

However, I would assume with those packages, I could go to the bar and order a Bailey's and coffee if I wanted too?

Bailey's would not be included on the Select package.

I just went to the rc site and was going to order my wife a drink package and the fine print still says anyone over 21 in the same room must have a drink package. I keep reading that is is not so. Has anyone in the last few days actually found out without a shadow of a doubt? I tried calling RC but they are closed today.

I just went to the rc site and was going to order my wife a drink package and the fine print still says anyone over 21 in the same room must have a drink package. I keep reading that is is not so. Has anyone in the last few days actually found out without a shadow of a doubt? I tried calling RC but they are closed today.

Royal has not updated the verbiage on their website. It's true that not everyone in a stateroom has to purchase. People have reported this.

I just got off the NOS Christmas Cruise and I had the package while my other cabin dweller did not. So yes the new rules as of this past November are in place and you can be the only one in a cabin to get it. It was a bit confusing to me as well when I bought the package online as it allowed me to buy it while still telling me the old rules regarding everyone being required to have it.

Bo

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know the current ala-carte drink prices onboard?

http://www.shipcruise.org/royal-caribbean-alcohol-policy-drink-prices/

This is the entire list of their drinks and prices as far as I could find before going on my Cruise last year. I saved it to my phone so I could scroll around looking for something new to try when I walked up to the bar. I even had a few selections the bartenders weren't familiar with :D

I was at the pool bar one afternoon and the lady next to me was saying she thought she had tried all of the drinks so far on the cruise. She was looking at the little bar list they have on the bar tops with the most popular frozen drinks like Pina Coladas etc. I told her she wasn't even close to trying them all and whipped out my phone list to show her. I think it would take several 7 day cruises to get through the entire list. ;)

I had the Premium Drink package and it was well worth it to me. They have some really good Martinis as well. Those will run you over $12 each with the tip. Never having to sign a ticket was great as well.

Have a good time.

Bo

http://www.shipcruise.org/royal-caribbean-alcohol-policy-drink-prices/

This is the entire list of their drinks and prices as far as I could find before going on my Cruise last year. I saved it to my phone so I could scroll around looking for something new to try when I walked up to the bar. I even had a few selections the bartenders weren't familiar with :D

I was at the pool bar one afternoon and the lady next to me was saying she thought she had tried all of the drinks so far on the cruise. She was looking at the little bar list they have on the bar tops with the most popular frozen drinks like Pina Coladas etc. I told her she wasn't even close to trying them all and whipped out my phone list to show her. I think it would take several 7 day cruises to get through the entire list. ;)

I had the Premium Drink package and it was well worth it to me. They have some really good Martinis as well. Those will run you over $12 each with the tip. Never having to sign a ticket was great as well.

Have a good time.

Bo

Thanks so much for the quick response. We have had the all-inclusive premium drink packages on Celebrity as well as MSC and were trying to calculate if it was worth it or not on RCCL. This price list is very helpful. Ultimate package is the winner for us!