Just back from Glory -"American Table" video

Manatee Mom

Hi thanks for the nice comments.

to start the vomit at the end is my husbands sick since of humor...it was the last night and the seas were picking up a little.

CCL put in all new tables they are a very pretty wood. On elegant nights they do put the table cloths on. Yes there are still cloth napkins every night. The wine bottle on the table is actually the table number. On elegant nights they do give all either a champagne toast or a sprite toast with a little fruit juice mixed in (mango/strawberry 1 night). To get drink service now you ask your waiter so they don't bug you all night and if you have a soda card they had the drinks waiting on the table when you sit down.

As for the bread on casual nights they bring a box of bread enough for everyone to have 2-3 pieces and yes you can get more. I also loved that on casual nights they leave carafes of water of the table but if they saw your glass was empty they would pour for you.

Family style is no different then going to the buffet there are serving utensils. But yes they can bring individual servings or multiple. The pies come for 2, 4, 6 or 8. Yes you do get a whole pie....Some were very good some were ok. We got apple, cherry, rhubarb & blueberry. My son actually loved the rhubarb pie :D We got the table Caesar salad and calamari every night, the calamari was hit or miss.

Some of the new foods we loved....coconut shrimp, white chocolate bread pudding & steak tacos. My son ordered at least 2 shrimp cocktails every night and if you didn't like what was on the menu you could always order the chicken or flat iron. In addition to the pies every night there were still dessert choices and yes one night they did have a flan.

We liked the new menu, especially since we were getting tired of the same old same old every cruise. It was a nice change.

I never understood the Chili's and Outback Steakhouse reference since those places in Southern Cal are shorts, t-shirt, sweats, and flip flops all year. Even going casual, I would expect better in the main dining room. Also the banquets I have been to have lovely food, not so much the Chili's.

Thanks for the video. I didn't think no tablecloths is a big thing but the service issues concern me. I still say they need to reduce the amount of tables each wait staff team covers.

True.

Service is really different now than it was a few years ago.

The waiters seem stressed out.

With the new American Feast Menu Do you get wine/ or beverage free? on the video I saw quite a few tables with wine/champagne

It was champagne/sparkling wine with a little fruit juice cocktail type of thing to toast. We thought maybe they would have done a toast lead by the maitre d on captains night, but I guess it was just for the table to toast. It wasn't really explained, just given :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It was champagne/sparkling wine with a little fruit juice cocktail type of thing to toast. We thought maybe they would have done a toast lead by the maitre d on captains night, but I guess it was just for the table to toast. It wasn't really explained, just given :)

Did the wait team dance every night to songs?

Did the wait team dance every night to songs?

We were on the 12/8 sailing,so it was the very first days of the changes and dinner service was a bit chaotic. We had dancing on 3 night later it the week when things settled down. I'm sure the dancing has resumed its normal schedule now

We returned today from the Carnival Glory. Will add a more detailed review later but below is a link to some video my DH took showing some of what we experienced with the new "American Table" and "American Feast" test onboard this ship.

thanks for posting! maybe by the time we sail, all the kinks will be worked out. (we like lots of bread)

Please tell us what the mystery meat is!!! I want to avoid it!!! :eek:

Maggie

Looking through the menu's posted on zydecocruisers website the only thing I can guess that mystery item is either the salmon cake that is listed as a main or the crab cake that is listed as an appetizer.

It reminded me of the original canned Hormel hams that come in the oval can and were a gelatinous amalgamation of small chunks of pork.

On both nights our maître d did lead a toast for the entire dinning room

Please tell us what the mystery meat is!!! I want to avoid it!!! Maggie

It was a side item to either the chicken or steak that night...we never did find out what it was, but it was not the main entrée

As for the singing and dancing of the waiters...they did do it a few nights but not every night.

We were on the Glory last week. This was the turkey dinner Christmas eve. not sure what it was either. I think it was spinach rolled in a processed meat. I did try it :p There was not much taste to it. The rest of the dinner was very good.

DSCF6080_zpsb78a819b.jpg

On both nights our maître d did lead a toast for the entire dinning room

Oh good. That is what we expected to happen, but never did. It was just a hot mess with them trying to figure everything out.

Maybe that side is supposed to be some kind of stuffing? Especially after looking at the turkey dinner and it not having any taste.