Spots open for FTTF?

cmdknw

[quote name='Gamecock_Cruiser']If you purchase FTTF, is one good for cabins that are linked or do you need it for both cabins?[/QUOTE]
It is good for one cabin, if you have more than one cabin you have to buy one per cabin.

[QUOTE]wow people actually buy this? Don't mean to be negative here but I'm surprised by the enthusiasm. Because you are impatient you choose to spend more money? Again, this is a question, not a put down. [/QUOTE]

One of my reasons for this is that I don't want to worry about carrying a bunch of things around with me when I have 2 kids. Yes I know I can just board later with them but it helps to make the transition a tad easier. If it wasn't available, I would find a way to deal with it :)

I am also one of those people that hates waits :) when we go to Universal we spend more money and stay at one of the onsite hotels so we can get the unlimited express pass too. There are many who think those of us that do that are crazy too!

I just put the cost of the FTTF as part of the cruise cost and build it in that way, so just like the person who spends more to be on the Spa deck in a Balcony room I just choose to have express access to drop things off in the room.

[quote name='MISSSNOOPYGIRL']wow people actually buy this? Don't mean to be negative here but I'm surprised by the enthusiasm. Because you are impatient you choose to spend more money? Again, this is a question, not a put down.[/QUOTE]

Obviously, it's not for everyone, but I'm looking forward to not having to haul my carry on with me until after lunch. The freedom to explore, gs line and tendering is worth the extra 25 dollars per person for me.

The FTTF is perfect for us. We all have hotels booked in San Juan . We have to be out by noon. So we decided , to get FTTF for those not platinum and get on the ship as early as possible. Have lunch , then go do our excursions and back for dinner ....

We booked it last year because I was desperate to get on as early as possible and get unpacked as soon as possible so i could relax on sail away.We were on the ship before 11 in dover and our luggage was there before 12. We were unpacked and had toured the ship by 1pm.

I found the special phone line and service line pointless as they never picked up or had anyone there but hey.

This time it is sold out and we want to get it for the same reasons and for the tendering at GC. But this time we plan to get unpacked and discover Tampa for a few hours since niether of us have been there before and we have sailed on the legend before.

[quote name='Velvetwater']We booked it last year because I was desperate to get on as early as possible and get unpacked as soon as possible so i could relax on sail away.We were on the ship before 11 in dover and our luggage was there before 12. We were unpacked and had toured the ship by 1pm.

I found the special phone line and service line pointless as they never picked up or had anyone there but hey.

This time it is sold out and we want to get it for the same reasons and for the tendering at GC. But this time we plan to get unpacked and discover Tampa for a few hours since niether of us have been there before and we have sailed on the legend before.[/QUOTE]

The closest thing will be the Florida Aquarium and Channelside. Most of Channelside doesn't open until 11 or noon on Sundays. Precinct Pizza is good. White House is a fun store.

Ybor City is about a mile away. It should be fairly quiet at that time. Columbia is good though.

[quote name='MISSSNOOPYGIRL']wow people actually buy this? Don't mean to be negative here but I'm surprised by the enthusiasm. Because you are impatient you choose to spend more money? Again, this is a question, not a put down.[/QUOTE]

It's (IMO) just about being impatient. My only motivation for buying it is the early boarding and early access to the cabin to dump carry-ons. I don't care about any of the other stuff. I realize some others will just go to their cabins before they're "officially" ready at 1:30 but I'm not one of them. But if carnival chooses to allow folks under FTTF then I'll take advantage of it. I've waited in some killer lines before and if $50 saves me and my wife (and now a baby) an hour then it's worth it. I only get so much vacation time after all ;) Mathematically it makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk