Dining Rooms - Jeans Jacket Allowed?

sowhynot

We're heading off on the NCL Sea in a week. My 14 year old daughter needs to know if a jeans jacket (not pants) are OK in the dining room. She wears it over many of her sleeveless dresses or tops. She won't be wearing jeans pants, rather khakis. Is she going to need to find an alternative jacket and/or dining room?!?

We're heading off on the NCL Sea in a week. My 14 year old daughter needs to know if a jeans jacket (not pants) are OK in the dining room. She wears it over many of her sleeveless dresses or tops. She won't be wearing jeans pants, rather khakis. Is she going to need to find an alternative jacket and/or dining room?!?

Something other than jeans/denim in any form would be recommended.

The rules for the dining rooms state: Jeans, T-shirts and shorts are not allowed at dinner. We saw a couple turned away. They were wearing shorts, very nice ones. So it looks as if they are quite strict in enforcing the dress code. But, your daughter will be perfectly OK with her jean jacket. There is no rule about jackets anyway. On the Dawn the passengers are extremly casually dressed. Don't expect all the people to dress formaly for the optional formal night. I thought it was about 35%. I didn't see one tuxedo and most men didn't even wear a dark suit. I am mentioning this to give you a picture of how casual it is. :cool:So, your daughter can wear what she likes and she will be fine in her jacket.

On the Wind, my wife was not permitted in the dining room while wearing a blazer made of denim. No fancy stitching or anything, just the same as a regular blue blazer only made of denim. Appealed it to the top, but no dice.

On my last cruise, my wife was cold in the dining room. (which was very chilly) She went back to get something to wear and since it was a Hawaiian cruise, what jackets we brought were quite limited. She came back in a sweatshirt and explained to the maitre'd that it was all she had and he could either let her in with it or turn up the heat. He let her in.

On my last cruise, my wife was cold in the dining room. (which was very chilly) She went back to get something to wear and since it was a Hawaiian cruise, what jackets we brought were quite limited. She came back in a sweatshirt and explained to the maitre'd that it was all she had and he could either let her in with it or turn up the heat. He let her in.

That's been my experience on cruises - the A/C is set very high! My daughter has a limited wardrobe of dressy items, particularly for summer. Sounds like the consensus is...it depends on the whim on the maitre'd. Perhaps she'll just carry it over her arm and see what happens!

Thanks for all your input.

A nice hip poncho would be more appropriate and I bet she'd feel pretty in it too!

What about a jean jacket in another color? I have a white one.

Good idea, but I'm not willing to spend a ton of money on her wardrobe, especially since we're leaving town on Wedensday. I think she'll just take it (wear it on the plane) and use something else at dinner.

I appreciate everyone's input!

no cartigans to pull out from her winter stuff for an alturnative. i would deff. try it! The no jean rule is annoying. I can dress jeans and look better then most people do in frumpy sundress's. i'm in my mid 20's and thats what we wear. All my none jean looks are stuffy bussness casual work stuff ... I'm gonna see if i can pull off wearing a cute jeanskirt ..... :eek:

i agree... have your DD hold the jacket in her arms... and then wear it inside. There not going to kick you out because you DD is cold !

I'm cruising with my family Sept. 25 on repositioning Pacific coast cruise.

My niece who is 29 does not have any dresses except her wedding dress. Most of her pants are jeans, but she has a few casual pants. Will she be accepted dining in Four Seasons or Seven Seas?

• 4 weeks later...

We returned from the Sea last week. Perhaps because it was her final voyage, or because the ship sailed from Houston (where I understand the dress code on the ships is a bit more casual) my daughter never had anyone question her jacket. She always wore it with dress slacks or a skirt was never even drew a second glance.

It sounds like the DL dress code is enforced differently on each NCL ship. I sailed on the Spirit the first wk of July and saw just about everything in the DL - shorts, capris, jeans, t-shirts, etc. at dinner so I guess you can try the jacket and see if they say anything. Happy Sailing!

It sounds like the DL dress code is enforced differently on each NCL ship. I sailed on the Spirit the first wk of July and saw just about everything in the DL - shorts, capris, jeans, t-shirts, etc. at dinner so I guess you can try the jacket and see if they say anything. Happy Sailing!

I must be having a mental block or something - what's DL?

The best investment I ever made was a black pashmina-type wrap. It's great on planes, in movie theater, but still dressy enough to wear as a wrap over a dress or the like. It's easy to carry & looks great. & you can find them relatively inexpensively all over eBay!

Archived