Tropical Contact Highs: A Pictorial Review of 8 Breeze-y Nights in the So. Caribbean

Nicole721

Question about the picture with the room key. Was that in the door? How exactly did that work?

That card in the slot turns on your lights and a/c ,when you leave you take your card and in about 10 seconds your light go off.

That card in the slot turns on your lights and a/c ,when you leave you take your card and in about 10 seconds your light go off.

Are you stating that you need to leave your card in for the A/C to work? I would think the room would get very warm if you're out of your room all day?

01/18/2014 CARNIVAL BREEZE

01/19/2013 CARNIVAL FANTASY

01/07/2012 CARNIVAL DREAM

09/26/2010 CARNIVAL PRIDE

01/04/2009 COSTA FORTUNA

11/09/2008 CARNIVAL LEGEND

10/20/2007 CARNIVAL GLORY

10/28/2006 CARNIVAL TRIUMPH

12/05/2004 CARNIVAL MIRACLE

10/29/2000 PARADISE

10/01/1998 TROPICALE

01/17/1997 ECSTASY

09/29/1995 ECSTASY

I can’t sleep on airplanes without Dramamine (I didn’t figure out mine was expired until I was at the terminal, so no airplane naps for me), so I ponied up for some overpriced internet time and watched the in-flight NBC entertainment. We Facetime’d with Stephanie before she left for work (we’d meet up that night – she was flying in after work) and when we were closer to Miami, I went through my airplane beauty routine – after all, we only had a day in Florida and we were going to hit the ground running!

IMG_2640.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg

And hit the ground running we did – the landing was pretty rough. We came down pretty hard and very fast. We thanked the pilots as we got off the plane and headed out into MIA (which was much bigger than I remembered!).

IMG_2642.jpg

Hi Nicole!

Been following your reviews for years! Thanks so much for great entertainment over the years!!

Quick question, where did you get that mirror?! I need this in my life!

Great review so far! You are really thorough and take great pics. Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Thank you!! :)

Well, Nicole, that degree in journalism is making itself very apparent. You write really well. I am also impressed with your photos. What a great eye you have. I am absolutely loving your review! I appreciate your frank analysis of the direction Carnival has taken, while at the same time pointing out its strengths in the cruise market.

The last cruise we were on was the Oasis a few years ago and so I am hoping you will make some comparisons during your review, given that you have sailed on the Allure. One of the things we most enjoyed on the Oasis was the huge variety of musical venues and the level at which the musicians performed. I don't expect that on the Breeze, which my husband and I have booked for a B2B during the last two weeks of February. Having done one other Carnival cruise, I do prefer the more laid back vibe, however.

I can't wait to read the rest of your review. I know it will be fantastic!

I'll try to include as many comparisons as I can as I go :) I appreciate your kind words! :)

I'm really enjoying your review. I appreciate that you point out the changes you aren't happy with in a fair way.

I'll be on the Breeze in November with my family so I can't wait to see more!

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

I hope you have a fantastic cruise!

Going on my first cruise in 2 weeks! Love your review and your style. Great pictures

Ahhh you'll have so much fun! First cruises are the best :)

LOVE your review! I'm going on the Dream in Feb and see you also went on her - did you do a review for that one?

Sure did! Two of them, in fact! We did the Dream twice that year :) All of my Dream posts are here: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/search/label/Carnival%20Dream

Enjoying the review and the pics! Keep it coming.

Thanks! Finishing up the formatting for the blog and should be up there shortly. I'll reformat and start posting the next part here tonight! :)

Love it so far! We are considering the Breeze for our next cruise, so I'm interested to see what you thought of the ship.

Well I've got plenty of opinions! :)

Question about the picture with the room key. Was that in the door? How exactly did that work?

It was on the wall next to the door. You put a card in there when you're in the room and it keeps the lights on. If you take the card out, the lights will turn off within a few minutes.

Enjoying your review. My stepmom bought deodorant on the ship and it cost something like $7.95! :eek:

It's crazy! But lesson learned -- I'll never forget the basics when I pack ever again!

Great review! Looking forward to reading more!

Thank you!

This one may take a while. Sounds like Nicole is a very busy young lady. :)

Hopefully not as long as the last few have ;)

I've been working on performance review stuff this week and it's been driving me insane!

I was thinking the same thing.

For what it's worth, we didn't notice any correlation between between the AC and the card holder. While we left the card in ours all week, there was no card in there when we entered and our room was nice and cool.

I can't wait to read the rest of your review!

Comin' atcha shortly!

Hi Nicole!

Been following your reviews for years! Thanks so much for great entertainment over the years!!

Quick question, where did you get that mirror?! I need this in my life!

Awwww thanks!!! :)

I got the mirror from one of the sample closets at work last year, and it was brandless so I can't help you there, but you can find a similar one here :)