Booking On-Board?

Oxo

While on-board a Celebrity ship back in September 2013 we booked a specific ship and date. However, we had to change the ship and date due to business changes. When we and TA called Celebrity we were both told that we must book another cruise (specific ship and date of our choice.) We could not request an Open Booking (no specific ship and date.)

We have never had to do this before and we thought that we could just ask Celebrity to allow us to have this Future Cruise Credit (FCC) to be open just as if we had not booked a specific ship and date.

Celebrity said that an Open Booking cannot be done to retain the FCC. You must book a specific cruise. What difference would it make?

We then tried to book a specific ship and date, but then ran into another problem.

We could not get: 123 GO SALE: Free Beverage Package, Gratuities or $100-$300 OBC.

Celebrity said that since we booked (September 2013) before this promotion date (Nov 29, 2013) for our previous booking, we did not qualify. Below is a quote from our TA’s site offering the promo.

‘To Qualify for the 123go! Offer, the following requirements must be satisfied. Cruise must be booked between Nov. 29, 2013 Feb. 28, 2014 (the Offer Period) and must be a 3-night or longer cruise, that departs between Feb. 2014 Mar 2015.’

Has anyone else encountered this situation? Your opinions/experiences would be appreciated. Our TA has not had this happened before.

While on-board a Celebrity ship back in September 2013 we booked a specific ship and date. However, we had to change the ship and date due to business changes. When we and TA called Celebrity we were both told that we must book another cruise (specific ship and date of our choice.) We could not request an Open Booking (no specific ship and date.)

We have never had to do this before and we thought that we could just ask Celebrity to allow us to have this Future Cruise Credit (FCC) to be open just as if we had not booked a specific ship and date.

Celebrity said that an Open Booking cannot be done to retain the FCC. You must book a specific cruise. What difference would it make?

We then tried to book a specific ship and date, but then ran into another problem.

We could not get: 123 GO SALE: Free Beverage Package, Gratuities or $100-$300 OBC.

Celebrity said that since we booked (September 2013) before this promotion date (Nov 29, 2013) for our previous booking, we did not qualify. Below is a quote from our TA’s site offering the promo.

‘To Qualify for the 123go! Offer, the following requirements must be satisfied. Cruise must be booked between Nov. 29, 2013 Feb. 28, 2014 (the Offer Period) and must be a 3-night or longer cruise, that departs between Feb. 2014 Mar 2015.’

Has anyone else encountered this situation? Your opinions/experiences would be appreciated. Our TA has not had this happened before.

Have your TA call again and speak to a different representative. Mine was able to get me the 123GO! package for my Feb 2015 cruise that I booked in May of 2013. I did have to pay the current rate for the room, which increased the cost of the room by about $100 per person (which is less than the beverage package would have cost!)

If you really want the beverage package, can you cancel the cruise you booked and just book the cruise you want that includes the beverage package?

Have your TA call again and speak to a different representative. Mine was able to get me the 123GO! package for my Feb 2015 cruise that I booked in May of 2013. I did have to pay the current rate for the room, which increased the cost of the room by about $100 per person (which is less than the beverage package would have cost!)

If you really want the beverage package, can you cancel the cruise you booked and just book the cruise you want that includes the beverage package?

Thank you for your input. We both (TA and I) talked to three different Celebrity people in Kansas. I was not trying to get another cruise based on the same cost, as the cruises were different times, costs and itinerary. The X reps do not seem to know or say the same thing. Even when you discuss it to clarify what is said, they seem to be unsure of what is the rule or policy.

Yes, I could not cancel the cruise booked in Sept 2013, but had to moved that booking number to a date in 2015 to keep my FCC. Any ship and/or date in the future.

I then had to book the other cruise to get the 123Go package using another FCC I had.

I assumed that I could have just use the booking that I did in Sept 2013 and move that to the cruise that is offering the 123Go. promo.

If you booked a crusie with the open passage or certificate you have a reservation. You cannot cancel the cruise that you booked without losing your deposit and certificate. You have to transfer it to another cruise. Just pick one far off in the distance as a place to hold it. Then when you find a cruise that you want transfer it to that one. There is no charge and it is best to put it way out there so you don't have to keep transferring it.

Technically there is always the wording for new bookings only so if they want they can deny any of the promos since it is not a new booking just a transfer but I have never had that problem in the past as I always got the promos by doing what I suggested.

.🎉🎩🍸🍻

If you booked a crusie with the open passage or certificate you have a reservation. You cannot cancel the cruise that you booked without losing your deposit and certificate. You have to transfer it to another cruise. Just pick one far off in the distance as a place to hold it. Then when you find a cruise that you want transfer it to that one. There is no charge and it is best to put it way out there so you don't have to keep transferring it.

Technically there is always the wording for new bookings only so if they want they can deny any of the promos since it is not a new booking just a transfer but I have never had that problem in the past as I always got the promos by doing what I suggested.

.🎉🎩🍸🍻

Thank you for your input, too.

Apparently I was not clear in my posting as I did say that I did NOT book a cruise with an Open passage. I booked a cruise on-board the ship. I did not want to cancel the cruise that I booked. I wanted to change the cruise from 1 date to another date. However, when I tried to do that, it was like you said that I could not get the 123Go because technically I booked before the date that I posted.

Please re-read my postings to see if I was unclear. Thanks!