Ryndam Review December 22 to 29. 2013

superoma

Sorry to bother you again but I had some more questions:

1. Do the cabins have DVD players in them?

2. Do they sell a soda card for the entire cruise?

3. Did you try using their internet? I wondered about what internet packages they have and if it was any good. I mainly just want to check my email because my dad is 94 and my stepmom is 88.

1. Do the cabins have DVD players in them?

2. Do they sell a soda card for the entire cruise?

Every cabin on every HAL ship has a DVD player. You can borrow DVDs from the Front Desk; there's a booklet listing what's available in the cabin.

You can purchase a soda card worth $50 in glasses of soda for $25. Or, you can purchase a beverage card worth $50 for $50. That gets you cans of soda, which many consider more for the money.

3. Did you try using their internet? I wondered about what internet packages they have and if it was any good. I mainly just want to check my email because my dad is 94 and my stepmom is 88.

Did not buy internet. I used to years ago but found it far too slow. I don't think it has gotten much better. think of the speed of dial up and you have it. You can always find free or almost free internet at every port. Just ask any of the crew. They know where to look. I had my ipad along and it was easy to connect in Honduras, in Guatemala and in Mexico. It cost me a beer each time but was almost as fast as at home.

If you do buy time, there is always a special on the first day for extra minutes in the package. The packages they offered on this cruise were 1000 minutes for $250 plus 100 free minutes; 500 minutes for $175 plus 50 free minutes; 250 minutes for $100 plus 25 free minutes. There are computers to use in the Library area or bring your laptop or tablet. If you compose and read your email offline, that is just go online to post and download, one of the smaller packages would be OK. but it is slow.

Thanks RuthC for the other answers.

Edited by superoma