Back from the Breeze

lithlith

have just read your review and would love to thank you for it because we have learned just before we leave ( next week ) that we really need to go on the behind the fun tour My hb is also a boat engineer and despite you are not allowed to go in the engineer room the bridge seems great to.

Also I know now a little more about the fun on board and because we are also not sunbath people your deck 5 tip is great to have a relaxed day.

English is not our first language but we will try some of the comedian acts and the adult pub quiz ... probably not good for us but we will give it a try.

We have seen Saona island 20 years ago and go this time to Catalina ( private tour ) and for Aruba and curacao did do an island tour some years ago so for now we just want to walk out of the ship and hope we can walk around to see the area in the neighbourhood so that is why I do have a last question, can you walk out of these ports right into the city or is it all too far away ?

again wonderful you just did the same cruise and thank you for charring your experience it is a great help

have a wonderful day

goodnight from Belgium

Frieda

so for now we just want to walk out of the ship and hope we can walk around to see the area in the neighbourhood so that is why I do have a last question, can you walk out of these ports right into the city or is it all too far away ?

Grand Turk - the beach and shopping are just steps away from the ship.

La Romona, DR - there is minimal shopping at the port and the city is quite a distance away. I wouldn't leave the port area here unless you have an excursion planned.

Aruba - Within a 5-10 minute walk you are right downtown. The Breeze was docked at the furthest spot, so it was more like a 10 minute walk. There was also minimal shopping right where you get off the ship.

Curacao - Within a 5-10 minute walk you are right downtown. There was also minimal shopping right where you get off the ship.

Even better news, Carnival has a money back guarantee if you find an independent excursion that is the same as a Carnival one you get the difference plus 10% back. We immediately applied for this and should our emails confirming our excursion with the independent company and were approved within the next day and we got the $30pp difference back plus 10%!

never heard of this before, going on the breeze feb 15 they're is 11 of us so if we could save on excursions that would be great just talked to carnival this program is called the pilot program he said that it is not available on the breeze whats up with that

" Even better news, Carnival has a money back guarantee if you find an independent excursion that is the same as a Carnival one you get the difference plus 10% back. We immediately applied for this and should our emails confirming our excursion with the independent company and were approved within the next day and we got the $30pp difference back plus 10%! "

never heard of this before, going on the breeze feb 15 they're is 11 of us so if we could save on excursions that would be great just talked to carnival this program is called the pilot program he said that it is not available on the breeze whats up with that

Ah haha! Carnival phone customer service...call 5 times and you'll get 5 different answers! cracks me up!

The new independent excursion money back policy was advertised on a banner next to the shore excursion desk and was in the shore excursion brochure that we received on the Breeze. I will say that the shore excursion desk workers did seem to act "new" at dealing with it. The policy said there would be a claim form to complete and there wasn't. We basically handed them a pile of my printed email correspondence with the company and then they researched it further on the company's website to verify the excursion. They seemed almost excited to research our claim as if we were one of the first, but who knows.