Gem

spidybabe

any new updates on Gem 9 day.... entertainment, crew, dallies. menus????

Need info....we are snowbound and dreaming/planning

Thanks

Safe sailing

From someone that has been on the GEM 3 times and Jewel twice, I am wondering what updates you are asking about?

From someone that has been on the GEM 3 times and Jewel twice, I am wondering what updates you are asking about?

Entertainment is always changing, and so is crew-especially with the staffing of the Getaway. It has been a year since we did this cruise, and I do think some things have changed. For example the UDP

Safe sailing

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed on the 10/28 9 day. From what was said on the cruise, and reports on subsequent cruises, I can tell you the following.

1. The production show performers were leaving at the end of my sailing, to be replaced by a new cast. I can't say if that meant new shows or just new performers.

2. Julie the CD was leaving the ship and would be going on the Getaway. There is a new CD.

3. A large number of crew members were also leaving for the Getaway and new members were coming up to speed. I would imagine that those issues have been resolved.

I do believe that Jenny Lin stayed on the Gem as the Hotel Director though, she is very responsive to guest concerns.

The Gem is a great ship. You should have a good time, even if a number of faces have changed.

We sailed on the 10/28 9 day. From what was said on the cruise, and reports on subsequent cruises, I can tell you the following.

1. The production show performers were leaving at the end of my sailing, to be replaced by a new cast. I can't say if that meant new shows or just new performers.

2. Julie the CD was leaving the ship and would be going on the Getaway. There is a new CD.

3. A large number of crew members were also leaving for the Getaway and new members were coming up to speed. I would imagine that those issues have been resolved.

I do believe that Jenny Lin stayed on the Gem as the Hotel Director though, she is very responsive to guest concerns.

The Gem is a great ship. You should have a good time, even if a number of faces have changed.

Since you last sailed there are new performers as well as new CD as the one that replaced Julie has now also gone.

Jenny is leaving after this sailing and a new Hotel Director is already onboard. They have added a new Bollywood type of a show. Always different entertainers coming on and others leaving. Rebecca and Donovan just left the ship this past week.

You will still recognize some older faces and meet new ones. Enjoy!

on 12/4 Jenny was still HD, Matt was CD. The juggler (some guy from American got talent) left in during the cruise, the comedian (Jeff something) was leaving after the Friday CTN 12/13. Production cast was as posted just on board about a month.

Don't save dailys, had a blast on the cruise. Yes some hotel staff were obviously new but was not a huge impact on service. We were under gastrointestinal restrictions (food served in buffet to you, no bottles of mustard or catsup, salt/peeper packets no place mats in Blue Lagoon, public bathroom doors kept open) but that was lifted halfway thru the cruise.

FWIW