Spring Break Question

aftop

My DW and I normally cruise in the Sept-Nov. time frame. We are considering a spring time cruise this year. What are the usual time frames for Spring break and end of school year cruises. We most often use Port Canaveral, Port Everglades or New Orleans.

With Easter being April 20, I think the entire months of March and April are likely to have Spring Breakers.

You can probably tell by the pricing of the cruise, especially the price for the 3rd and 4th passengers. The higher the price compared to "off" weeks, the busier RCCL's algorithms think the week will be.

Probably the first two week of May would be you best bet. Because after that, kids may be on summer break. We are traveling the week after the drop dead last day of school (if all snow days are used), and that's June 15th, but my kids will likely get our a week ahead of that and many schools start earlier and get out earlier than my kids.

Like other's have said, the break schedule varies by school. I also don't think it matter much where you cruise from. We left from NOLA one spring and there were more than 1000 children...Easter week on the east coast. We had no idea.

One suggestion. Take a cruise that's longer than 7 days. Less chance of it having many spring breaker's on it as the cruise length exceeds their break.

Here is MA for K-12 is Presidents' Day week. We also have a break in April that is the week of the Boston marathon (Patriots day here). This year, our April break aligns with Easter.

Colleges here are usually somewhere in the first 2 weeks of March.

Except for colleges, Schools end mid to late June depending on the number of snow days.

I am a public school teacher, but I am also a graduate student at a local university. This means I (sort of) get two spring breaks. The university is the second week of March, but our K-12 district is the first week of April. With Easter being so late, most schools won't coincide spring break with the holiday, but they may have a long weekend break. Because of the school schedule, we typically cruise spring break and have never had a problem with too many kids or partying college students. The worst cruise for that was a long weekend (Friday to Monday) in August!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks to all; reviewing the RCI web site I found the following marked "deal" and that prompted my question. (Inside cabin)

6 Apr. 6 night IOS $438.00 Western Carib.

6 Apr. 7 night FOS $597.00 Coco Cay, Eastern Carib.

20 Apr. 7 night Allure $638.00 Western Carib.

27 Apr. 7 night Allure $717.00 Nassau, Eastern Carib.

Thanks to all; reviewing the RCI web site I found the following marked "deal" and that prompted my question. (Inside cabin)

6 Apr. 6 night IOS $438.00 Western Carib.

6 Apr. 7 night FOS $597.00 Coco Cay, Eastern Carib.

20 Apr. 7 night Allure $638.00 Western Carib.

27 Apr. 7 night Allure $717.00 Nassau, Eastern Carib.

If u are flying the weekend of the April 20th to any of those ports the fare will be high because of Easter. We got great airfare for the weekend of the 26, 27.

If u are flying the weekend of the April 20th to any of those ports the fare will be high because of Easter. We got great airfare for the weekend of the 26, 27.

I am located in AL. so within driving distance of all FL or LA ports. Thanks.

You can check the local school calendars for when college or spring break is. In Florida schools are by county. Although a lot of northerns come down on spring break too- in NH and ME they are in April. Hope this helps.