Yet one more ? about the Premium drink package

ginadc

Sailing on the Allure 2/16 and my husband and I both will definitely be purchasing the Premium drink package. Just to clarify--the package includes mixed cocktails up to $10, and the Royal 'Ritas are all $10 or less, but they're also made with Patron, and I have read that Patron is *not* an included brand. So those drinks (the Patron Perfect, the Ocean 'Rita, etc.) would not be included in the package even though they're $10 or under. Correct?

Sailing on the Allure 2/16 and my husband and I both will definitely be purchasing the Premium drink package. Just to clarify--the package includes mixed cocktails up to $10, and the Royal 'Ritas are all $10 or less, but they're also made with Patron, and I have read that Patron is *not* an included brand. So those drinks (the Patron Perfect, the Ocean 'Rita, etc.) would not be included in the package even though they're $10 or under. Correct?

bartender told me its not a problem, they will just make your Royal 'Rita with a house tequila. They have no problem doing that.

bartender told me its not a problem, they will just make your Royal 'Rita with a house tequila. They have no problem doing that.

I thought it was the old package that excluded certain liquors. New package just states cocktails up to $10. I don't see any exceptions other than price in the new package.

I thought it was the old package that excluded certain liquors. New package just states cocktails up to $10. I don't see any exceptions other than price in the new package.

That's my understanding as well.

Ooh, that would be nice! I'd be fine with the cocktails made with a house tequila but Patron is particularly tasty. Either way it will be a very festive cruise!

With some trepidation that I'm giving the impression that I may be an alcoholic, a follow-up premium drink question...how does the package work with the machines in Vintages? My guess would be that you can get any wine that is $12/less for the 5 ounce pour, but that's just my guess. Anyone know?

With some trepidation that I'm giving the impression that I may be an alcoholic, a follow-up premium drink question...how does the package work with the machines in Vintages? My guess would be that you can get any wine that is $12/less for the 5 ounce pour, but that's just my guess. Anyone know?

Not 100% sure, but I think I remember someone reporting that the machines in Vintages are not included in any package.

Yes, you can get any wine that's $12/glass or less in Vintages with the package. I found this out firsthand last month on the Oasis. Note though that a lot of the wines in Vintages are above that limit but if you're not particularly picky about wine you should find something you like in that range.

Yes, you can get any wine that's $12/glass or less in Vintages with the package. I found this out firsthand last month on the Oasis. Note though that a lot of the wines in Vintages are above that limit but if you're not particularly picky about wine you should find something you like in that range.

Just to clarify, are you saying you can use the self-service wine dispensers in Vintages with the unlimited alcohol packages?

Just to clarify, are you saying you can use the self-service wine dispensers in Vintages with the unlimited alcohol packages?

Yes, that's what I'm wondering about. It wouldn't be a huge dealbreaker if we couldn't, but I have this childlike delight in using the things...

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, that's what I'm wondering about. It wouldn't be a huge dealbreaker if we couldn't, but I have this childlike delight in using the things...

I'd like to know about that also. We're on a 13 day TA on the Liberty and it would be nice to grab a quick glass of wine whenever the mood struck.

The self serve wine dispensers are not included in the packages on Celebrity, so it would be not make sense for RCI to include it. RCI tweaked the packages to make them more cruiser friendly, but at the same time it is a business and it would not make much economic sense for patrons to have 24 hour unlimited access to wine. Seventeen hours at various open bars are enough. :rolleyes:

Just off Liberty with a Unlimited package. The wines I saw in the self service area of Vintages were all priced higher than the $12 max set by the package.

Many of the mixed drinks call for higher than rail booze. Many of the bartenders mixed it the way the drink was designed. Not once did I get a bill for those drinks. Once I got, "I have to use rail bottles" which I said whatever and got the drink as they poured it.

Edited by rummenroman

Just off Liberty with a Unlimited package. The wines I saw in the self service area of Vintages were all priced higher than the $12 max set by the package.

Many of the mixed drinks call for higher than rail booze. Many of the bartenders mixed it the way the drink was designed. Not once did I get a bill for those drinks. Once I got, "I have to use rail bottles" which I said whatever and got the drink as they poured it.

Maybe things have changed, but I thought the self-serve wine dispensers allowed you to select different amounts of wine, such as 1oz or 2oz. Surely there were some 1oz choices less than $12?

Maybe things have changed, but I thought the self-serve wine dispensers allowed you to select different amounts of wine, such as 1oz or 2oz. Surely there were some 1oz choices less than $12?

I didn't pay that much attention to the different oz choices, so that very well could be.

The self serve wine dispensers are not included in the packages on Celebrity, so it would be not make sense for RCI to include it. RCI tweaked the packages to make them more cruiser friendly, but at the same time it is a business and it would not make much economic sense for patrons to have 24 hour unlimited access to wine. Seventeen hours at various open bars are enough. :rolleyes:

Since it is a business, how about reduced staffing because of machines. Don't you think the new soda machines pay for themselves many times over by reducing the number of visitors to the bars for soda

Since it is a business, how about reduced staffing because of machines. Don't you think the new soda machines pay for themselves many times over by reducing the number of visitors to the bars for soda
There is a difference between someone being able to get themselves a cup of soda and someone being able to get a 5 oz glass of wine 24/7. With the introduction of the various drinks packages on many different cruise lines, opponents of the packages complain about the ships possibly being turned into a bunch of drunks because cruisers have access to alcohol 17 hours a day from 10 am - 3 am. What would they say if the access was 24/7 and at the same time, how much wine would then be dispensed and at what additional cost? It's a fine line and the different lines are testing their programs and then tweaking them to make them more user friendly.

There is a difference between someone being able to get themselves a cup of soda and someone being able to get a 5 oz glass of wine 24/7. With the introduction of the various drinks packages on many different cruise lines, opponents of the packages complain about the ships possibly being turned into a bunch of drunks because cruisers have access to alcohol 17 hours a day from 10 am - 3 am. What would they say if the access was 24/7 and at the same time, how much wine would then be dispensed and at what additional cost? It's a fine line and the different lines are testing their programs and then tweaking them to make them more user friendly.

Yes, but my comment was directed at "it's a business" Now if you think RC is concerned about having too many drunks , that is a a different angle.

Yes, but my comment was directed at "it's a business" Now if you think RC is concerned about having too many drunks , that is a a different angle.

Well, if we get a third point of view involved and the angles are different, we would then have an isosceles triangle. ;)