1st timers - need newark hotel for pre cruise

Royjan

This is the newest hotel at Newark Airport.

It's my understanding that from the terminals you will have to take the free Airtrain to P4 to get the hotel shuttle.

I'm curious about your comment that they will take you to the port the next day. I haven't heard anything about Embassy Suites offering this service for this hotel and there is nothing on their web site about it. Did the hotel confirm that they will provide this service?

That ES is gorgeous...it looks NOTHING like the ESs of the past...no atrium, but there is a restaurant area, and a lovely lobby. I want to stay there and try it out. I know someone who i think will be there in several weeks so I will see if I can get any feedback. They're not doing a package, but a prepaid rate....

As for taking you to the pier, I heard someone else say they may have a cruise package, but like a nut, when I toured, I was in pre-cruise mode and didn't think to ask. Brain fade....

If they DO have a deal, that would be awesome.

The Embassy Suites in Secaucus offers a cruise package for a one way transfer to the Manhattan cruise terminal and IMO it is expensive. The package is listed on their web site.

If Embassy Suites in Elizabeth is offering a cruise package, I would imagine it would be more expensive and it also should be listed as an option on their web site.

I called the hotel direct and made reservations. They told me they would provide free shuttle to the hotel and to the pier. The airtrain and P4 is true . We do the same thing in Vegas and it isn't a big deal. I just called to confirm

everything with them. Still hope any snow storms hold out for that weekend.

I don't care if it snows when we get back. Just get me on that ship on time.

It's my understanding that from the terminals you will have to take the free Airtrain to P4 to get the hotel shuttle.

I'm curious about your comment that they will take you to the port the next day. I haven't heard anything about Embassy Suites offering this service for this hotel and there is nothing on their web site about it. Did the hotel confirm that they will provide this service?

ok, I did call the hotel again. And I am sorry for saying it is free to the

port. It isn't. I really thought they said it was. It is 20 mins. to the port. The

lady figured it would cost $65. to get a cab. Oh well, just have to have more money available that day. Part of traveling I guess.

Sorry it's not free, but better to find out now than the day of. I'm glad you double checked.

You can call these folks 4-6 weeks out for a car service. Independent driver - 888-816-0973. They should charge $45 for up to 4 people plus tip.

Thankyou . I will have the phone number with me and also call to arrange the ride. I am a person who plans everything out in advance. And get all the expenses paid ahead of time.

I will let everyone know when I get back how the hotel and cruise went.

Now I have to book the flight but probably can't do that till this summer.

I would rather drive but my husband doesn't want to leave his car for a week

in N.J. or drive in any snow storms.

Sorry it's not free, but better to find out now than the day of. I'm glad you double checked.

You can call these folks 4-6 weeks out for a car service. Independent driver - 888-816-0973. They should charge $45 for up to 4 people plus tip.