Our Christmas and New year's cruise on the Oosterdam

I will be on the Oosterdam starting on Jan 19 out of Sydney and am a little leery about my trip. The recent reviews on CC have all really emphasized the bad food, poor service, bad sanitation and general rattiness of the ship. So I went to see the sanitation score; found that the last time she was inspected, she was just 2 points above failing and no improvement plan was submitted. Someone please tell me it isn't so.

We have some friends that sail on Oosterdam regularly and love it. They are not great photo takers though so I am watching this review with BAITED breath (wanted to get in the fish theme!). I haven't read the reviews, but remember that people tend to get worked up and complain about things they are unhappy about, but are not so motivated when they have no problems and enjoyed themselves.

I have tried to look up the sanitation score thing before and haven't seen an improvement plan for some other ships either. I hope you enjoy your trip. I will be leaving Sydney on 19th also on Radiance! getting close now :D

WE now seem to have a lot of people "hooked" on the fish bar theme. The one "line" puns work well. We are getting a "reel" insight into the Oosterdam bar...I am assuming it will have its own "sink"..er There will be a lot of people "lured" to this bar...by the way does the bar have a name or did I miss it or is it the one that " got away" ?

Edited by gbenjo

WE now seem to have a lot of people "hooked" on the fish bar theme. The one "line" puns work well. We are getting a "reel" insight into the Oosterdam bar...I am assuming it will have its own "sink"..er There will be a lot of people "lured" to this bar...by the way does the bar have a name or did I miss it or is it the one that " got away" ?

It might be the 'Sand bar'.;)

Work????? One must get their priorities in order:D:D:D

Kate just a question....What time did you check in for your cruise? we just got our Edocs today for our cruise in March and check in time is 1pm Is that the norm? I am normally going back for seconds at the buffet by then:eek:

I think we got there about 12 or so and people were already on board by then.

I think you will be safe turning up early and your 2nds of lunch will be safe! :D

When we were doing our safety drill up on deck we saw a couple arriving just before 4pm (sailaway time). I still don't know if they made it on board.

I will be on the Oosterdam starting on Jan 19 out of Sydney and am a little leery about my trip. The recent reviews on CC have all really emphasized the bad food, poor service, bad sanitation and general rattiness of the ship. So I went to see the sanitation score; found that the last time she was inspected, she was just 2 points above failing and no improvement plan was submitted. Someone please tell me it isn't so.

We had a wonderful cruise!

There was Norovirus on board but then I think there is always Norovirus on board :rolleyes:

The service was wonderful though I must day the staff were extremely overworked.

As for the rattiness ... well yep some areas look worn but who the heck cares! You are on a ship being treated like a queen or King, squint your eye, wash your hands and enjoy I say!! :D

Ok now back to our regular programming.

My thanks go to my comedy team that filled in for me while I was at work :D

Rightio now where the heck was I??????

I have no idea so will move on to Christmas day on board.

The day started with Egg nog and carols in the Vista Theatre. All of the children gathered there to wait for santa. My lot (who are too old for Santa) also gathered there. ;)

Anyway Santa arrived with gifts for every child.

DSC00137_zps7299587b.jpg

Hmmmm we didn't seem to get a photo of Santa ..... oh well.

At dinner there were bon bons on the table and the atmosphere was very festive (or it might have been all the beverages I had consumed before hand :rolleyes: )

DSC00258_zpsffb6eaf3.jpg

That's my mum and my youngest looking "festive"!

OH come on Yachet & MiCanberra:rolleyes: you are the two that started the whole thing......... I just went along with it :D it was good fun though and as I said in an earlier post maybe we should have started a new post for the "fish bar" one liners........ ooh ....I just realized what I said.....one " liners":D

I love this play on words stuff. When I am doing check in, a couple of the ladies who bring us the the Seapass cards and I have great fun cracking one liners about the passengers names.. IN A NICE WAY...well, I do most of the one liners ..they laugh...sometimes:rolleyes:

And yes,Kate is a good sport and is doing a great job with the photos...any more food photos Kate?

OH come on Yachet & MiCanberra:rolleyes: you are the two that started the whole thing......... I just went along with it :D it was good fun though and as I said in an earlier post maybe we should have started a new post for the "fish bar" one liners........ ooh ....I just realized what I said.....one " liners":D

I love this play on words stuff. When I am doing check in, a couple of the ladies who bring us the the Seapass cards and I have great fun cracking one liners about the passengers names.. IN A NICE WAY...well, I do most of the one liners ..they laugh...sometimes:rolleyes:

And yes,Kate is a good sport and is doing a great job with the photos...any more food photos Kate?

I am sure you would see some great names.:p