Footwear for tubing?

mrs.cool

We are doing the cave tubing with the Butts Up people, and understand there's quite a bit of walking before you get there. But I don't really want my tennis shoes to get wet, if I wear those, but I don't relish walking through the jungle in my sandals.

Anyone have any advice? I was thinking of wearing the tennis shoes, carrying my sandals, then putting them on and putting my shoes in my lap when I get in the water. :confused:

The best shoes are a pair of old athletic shoes (like last year's) which you no longer wear. Then when you're finished, drop them off as a donation. Bring your sandals for the trip back to the boat.

Alternatively, a cheap pair of water shoes from a Big Box sports store or a WalMart (generally under $10) work very nicely for both the hike to the put-in spot and the trip down the river.

We were there last week and they would not allow you in the river with flip flops. We had water shoes and they worked fine. I would've liked more support for my feet during the hike but suprisingly I felt fine afterwards.

good to know! Thanks! I don't own water shoes, and I have no desire to buy some to trek down a rocky path in!! I was trying to think of some sandals I own that are close backed and that I wouldn't mind if they got wet, and couldn't come up with anything. But I hunted last night and found a pair of Rocket Dogs that are rubber soled and closed, so I'm good to go! Hubby already owns a pair of canvas loafers he wears boating, so he's all set.