Packing list for caribbean cruise

bentleybabe

There used to be so much useful information on the old forum and I still miss it.

There is nothing like it in the How Can We help? section on the P&O website but I've seen a few threads on this forum. Here's one to start with.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=986205&highlight=packing+list+caribbean

What on earth is a"rum runner" and duct tape......!!!!!!

We just keep a case full of the "things" we take on every cruise under the bed and bring it out every cruise. Not clothes obviously :)

Most important is Our Q shield hand foam, expensive, but we think it is the best product for protection against noro.

We never pack toiletries etc to save weight and buy on board.

Happy cruising we are on the azura 24th

What on earth is a"rum runner" and duct tape......!!!!!!

We just keep a case full of the "things" we take on every cruise under the bed and bring it out every cruise. Not clothes obviously :)

Most important is Our Q shield hand foam, expensive, but we think it is the best product for protection against noro.

We never pack toiletries etc to save weight and buy on board.

Happy cruising we are on the azura 24th

A Rum Runner is a set of plastic bottles they cannot be detected by scanning for smuggling booze onboard popular with the US cruisers as they cannot take alcohol on board and be within the rules.

http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/

Edited by bee-ess

Cheers bee.

Only proper American line we have cruised with was HAL. Also RCI but don't count that as a proper American line.

Smuggling booze on board, I couldn't be bothered and we drink our fair share, to smuggle booze on to save what, a few pounds. After paying say £2000 each for a cruise seems a bit petty.

There again Americans !!!!!! That's a joke I have lots of American friends.

Agree about some of the strange things on that list. I certainly had a good chuckle! BTW, duct tape is a waterproof tape which apparently is taken in case they need to repair their luggage :D.

Mind you I'm just updating our list for our cruise next month and I have to say we do take some items which we find very useful but which others might think - get a life!! For example, magnetic hooks - a godsend- and plastic carrier bags form the supermarket to tie round our cases when we're disembarking.

Its definitely worth taking a three or four way extension block, you have chargers for phones, Kindles, cameras etc these days and its much easier to charge them at once.

We also have a handy little gadget from our caravan, basically a small plastic fold out hanging frame (about 6"x6") with about a dozen minature pegs on it, brilliant for hanging up a a few pairs of chunders and socks to dry if you need to do a little wash LOL.

Another good idea is to use your camera phone to photograph all your documents, passports, insurance etc, If you should lose your paperwork at least you have something to refer to

That idea about photos of your documents is something I hadn't thought of.

Will do from today.

Thanks happy cruising.

I take scanned copies of our passports and credit cards on my memory drive attached to my keyring :D