Do they take carryons at the ship

Hi ,

I like to ask if they will take my backpack or carryon at embarkation and if so do I need to put luggage tags on them ? And if they have luggage holders at the port in FLL ?

Thank you so much & happy new yr folks :)

If you want to check them to be delivered to your room, you can and yes they will need tags (they recommend tags on everything anyways - including carryons that you are bringing with you).

Be warned - certain things should be in your carry ons and they should not be out of your possession. For example, medications, jewellry, passports, cameras, electronic equipment, etc.

There are some key things that never ever get checked and I happily carry it on.

Edited by kazu

Any carry ons that you have will be run through a scanner very much like at airports so just make certain it is not too large. Most everybody has at least 1 carry on with those things listed in the post above.

Wow! I like your outlook Larsen. I've followed that line of thinking for the past few years. It really helps! There are certain things that we traditionally carry with us such as passports, medications, etc., that you certainly don't want out of your possession. We find that one or two lite carry-ons are no problem until we get to our room.

OP

With HAL's new policy about being able to go directly to your cabin upon boarding, I suggest that you just take your carry-ons yourself onto the ship. It is very rare when the cabins are not ready at 11:30 AM.

Since we stay in a hotel before the cruise, we end up with 2 carry-ons and a back pack to take onto the ship plus my big purse.

Yes -- it all has to go through a scanner -- same size as used in the airports, but we would rather have all our medications and camera equipment with us.

Don't pack anything of value in your suitcases -- like laptops and above mentioned items.

Anything left with the porters must be tagged if you expect delivery to your room.

We always tag everything we take to the ship in the event we become separated from our carry on luggage, they will know where to deliver it.