ventura barbados - muster drill

trub

hi all,

can anybody tell me when the muster drill will be held, we will be boarding on the Friday and sailing on the Saturday,just trying to plan some things to do on the saturday,

thanks v much

We've recently come back and muster was on the Saturday. I think ours was later than originally intended and I can't remember the exact time, but it was late afternoon.

I did notice that unlike Celebrity of Princess, there is no checking off of names of those who attend, which I was quite surprised about.

Have a great cruise - I'm sure you will. Ours was fab!

Unlike some companies P&O always conduct the drill before departure. I have heard stories of some ship being at sea twelve hours before the drill takes place (But I cant say if thats true)

I think I read that since the Costa Concordia there has been a recommendation that all ships carry out muster drill before departure.

In Barbados on Ventura, ours took place around 4pm Saturday

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity always have drill prior to sailing and always check attendance. They insist on silence while safety features explained. Sailed on Azura days after Costa sinking and was shocked at casual approach to safety drill

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity always have drill prior to sailing and always check attendance. They insist on silence while safety features explained. Sailed on Azura days after Costa sinking and was shocked at casual approach to safety drill

I agree however with X they dont require you to practice putting your life vest on.

You don't need to make any different arrangements based on estimated time of lifeboat drill. You'll be given an "all aboard" time for Saturday when you leave the ship on Saturday morning (probably when you arrive on Friday evening, in fact). That's the only time that matters, and if you miss the lifeboat drill because they had it before you were back, they'll have to do you an extra one.

You don't need to make any different arrangements based on estimated time of lifeboat drill. You'll be given an "all aboard" time for Saturday when you leave the ship on Saturday morning (probably when you arrive on Friday evening, in fact). That's the only time that matters, and if you miss the lifeboat drill because they had it before you were back, they'll have to do you an extra one.

A time for the lifeboat drill will be given in the daily Horizon paper. It will also give a time by which all passengers must be back onboard; this will be before the time of the drill. The actual time of sailing will not be given - it could be any time after the onboard time but in practice will after the drill; they want you to get outside after the drill and spend money in the bars:).

• 1 month later...

Anyone recently back from Azura ?

If so what time is the lifeboat drill ?

All going to plan we should be onboard by 6pm ish and were hoping to nip into the dutyfree after checking in -does anyone know if this is possible or allowed ? I understand the scheduled sail away time is 9pm.

We are on the Saturday flight from Manchester

Thanks

Edited by weliketocruise86