Shuttle buses

zib_zib

Just read that P&O will be charging for the use of this service..

(Depending on where you are travelling to, shuttle buses may be available.

Please see Where can I find information about going ashore independently at ports of call? to view details of ports of call and the distances/ shuttle services to the local towns and destinations.

Please note, any shuttle service provided is complimentary to those benefitting from Vantage and P&O Cruises Select fares. Those passengers on Getaway fares departing from March 2014, Early Savers & other promotional fares will be charged for using this service. Charges will be applied to your on board account which should be settled at the end of your cruise.

The cost of the shuttle service at each port varies and you will advised of the cost at each port once on board, prices range from £2.50 - £5.00 per person per journey (prices are subject to change). Children under the age of 14 years of age will be charged at 50% of the adult rate. Infants under the age of two years will not be charged.

In some ports it may be compulsory for a shuttle bus to be used to exit the port due to health and safety reasons. In these instances, these will be supplied complimentary for all passengers and all passengers will be notified on board.

Port Guides and further information regarding ports of call is also provided once you are on board).

Just read that P&O will be charging for the use of this service..

(Depending on where you are travelling to, shuttle buses may be available.

Please see Where can I find information about going ashore independently at ports of call? to view details of ports of call and the distances/ shuttle services to the local towns and destinations.

Please note, any shuttle service provided is complimentary to those benefitting from Vantage and P&O Cruises Select fares. Those passengers on Getaway fares departing from March 2014, Early Savers & other promotional fares will be charged for using this service. Charges will be applied to your on board account which should be settled at the end of your cruise.

The cost of the shuttle service at each port varies and you will advised of the cost at each port once on board, prices range from £2.50 - £5.00 per person per journey (prices are subject to change). Children under the age of 14 years of age will be charged at 50% of the adult rate. Infants under the age of two years will not be charged.

In some ports it may be compulsory for a shuttle bus to be used to exit the port due to health and safety reasons. In these instances, these will be supplied complimentary for all passengers and all passengers will be notified on board.

Port Guides and further information regarding ports of call is also provided once you are on board).

Just been reading this..a thought ran through my mind. If you recently booked a select cruise fare ,with the large obs, does that count as a promotional fare, even though it was select.

What is the general thought-do we think they will charge those people?

As regards to port info, click below

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/on-shore/Port_Shuttle_Info

if you click where it says to brings up all the port info and if shuttle buses are reqd.

Just been reading this..a thought ran through my mind. If you recently booked a select cruise fare ,with the large obs, does that count as a promotional fare, even though it was select.

What is the general thought-do we think they will charge those people?

As regards to port info, click below

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/on-shore/Port_Shuttle_Info

if you click where it says to brings up all the port info and if shuttle buses are reqd.

No they are still Select fares so will not be charged.

How will this system work, will this slow the system of disembarking, I know your card is scanned as you leave the ship, but that will not mean your going to use the shuttle bus, you might also want to use the shuttle one way only?

How will this system work, will this slow the system of disembarking, I know your card is scanned as you leave the ship, but that will not mean your going to use the shuttle bus, you might also want to use the shuttle one way only?

With Fred who operate similar. If you are in a posh cabin or high up loyalty tier, tickets are in your cabin.

If you have to pay you purchased them from reception at any time.

If you wanted to use the shuttle, you just showed your ticket. Nohold ups and no one knows if you paid or free

The word is that there will be hand scanners by the shuttle buses. If you are due to be charged it will come off your account.

The word is that there will be hand scanners by the shuttle buses. If you are due to be charged it will come off your account.

Apparently if a getaway/early saver tries to board a shuttle a loud siren will sound and a huge crane will come down and lift the underclass away from the chosen few and deposit them in the brink to the cheers of 'unclean, unclean' from fellow passengers. P&O have arranged this to make Vantage/Select passengers feel their cruise price was worthwhile. The other rumour is that they will have to sit on the luggage rack on the coach roof after having their forehead stamped with '2nd Class Passenger'.

Apparently if a getaway/early saver tries to board a shuttle a loud siren will sound and a huge crane will come down and lift the underclass away from the chosen few and deposit them in the brink to the cheers of 'unclean, unclean' from fellow passengers. P&O have arranged this to make Vantage/Select passengers feel their cruise price was worthwhile. The other rumour is that they will have to sit on the luggage rack on the coach roof after having their forehead stamped with '2nd Class Passenger'.

Brilliant !!:D:D

tee hee tee hee. v good.

Where hopefully I will not be lifted out of the shuttle bus q!!!!

I shall start getting really really excited in march.

Somebody else has raised the point they we will be in Venice on Easter Monday, so will Venice be shut?

The last time we where in Messina it was a Sunday and everything was closed. (No shuttle bus needed) so Venice could be closed for the day. Hope not.

The last time we where in Messina it was a Sunday and everything was closed. (No shuttle bus needed) so Venice could be closed for the day. Hope not.

Venice is such a tourist place I can't believe the main areas will be shut.

• 2 months later...
Where hopefully I will not be lifted out of the shuttle bus q!!!!

I shall start getting really really excited in march.

Somebody else has raised the point they we will be in Venice on Easter Monday, so will Venice be shut?

Not long now English Lady :eek::eek::)

Sent from my LG-D802 using Forums mobile app

Hahahaha! ;D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums