Can help with Ålesund & Norwegian Fjords:-)

I-Cruiser

Hi Lars/I-Cruiser

How is the weather in Southern Norway in June?

Thanks

Garf

:)

Statistically June is a very good month for travelling. The last years June has been nice and sunny. July however has been grey and rainy.

Hi thinking of booking the 15 Night North Cape And Summer Solstice cruise on Caribbean Princess for June 12th this year. Fancy something different as we are regular cruisers and getting a bit familiar with the med Baltic etc.

I have four kids all under 11 who generally like to spend time at the pool. My worry is this cruise will be too cold for that.

Also due to the number in the family we generally just like to take an independent stroll off the ship and have a look around for a couple of hours. Does this cruise lend itself to that?

Thanks.

Hi thinking of booking the 15 Night North Cape And Summer Solstice cruise on Caribbean Princess for June 12th this year. Fancy something different as we are regular cruisers and getting a bit familiar with the med Baltic etc.

I have four kids all under 11 who generally like to spend time at the pool. My worry is this cruise will be too cold for that.

Also due to the number in the family we generally just like to take an independent stroll off the ship and have a look around for a couple of hours. Does this cruise lend itself to that?

Thanks.

Well, the weather in Norway is not really "pool weather". You might get a few days where that would be possible but I would not count on it.

I have no checked your itinerary but you are able to walk off the ship and explore independently as most ships docks within walking distance to town or in town itself.

Ports visiting below. Normally I take a bit of time to do my research however cruise on special offer so trying to do a quick research.

Thanks for reply

Stavanger, Norway

Olden, Norway

Flaam, Norway

Andalsnes, Norway

Trondheim, Norway

Honningsvag (North Cape), Norway

Tromso, Norway

Gravdal (Lofoten Islands), Norway

Alesund, Norway

Bergen, Norway

Ports visiting below. Normally I take a bit of time to do my research however cruise on special offer so trying to do a quick research.

Thanks for reply

Stavanger, Norway

Olden, Norway

Flaam, Norway

Andalsnes, Norway

Trondheim, Norway

Honningsvag (North Cape), Norway

Tromso, Norway

Gravdal (Lofoten Islands), Norway

Alesund, Norway

Bergen, Norway

Yes, you can have a wonder around these ports on your own without booking any tours.

They are all wonderful ports so you will have a great time. If its a deal then its a win win :-)

thanks for the feedback. My kids are Scottish so a cold swim in the pool should be fine.

:D..Then they are used to the same temperatures as we have. They will love the pool and 16C-18C will be a nice summer temp.

If you where to do one tour it would be in Åndalsnes. You can wonder the little village but the highlight would be to do Path of the Trolls and The Troll wall.

Its only a 20 minute car ride from the village.

Made my mind up and going to give it a try . The attraction of going to new ports is more powerful than going to the same old ports that I have been to loads of times. Spent about three hours trying to pick my cabin. Went for low deck mid ship just in case it's choppy. Not sure if low mid is any better than high mid. Could have got top deck mid for same price. Any views?

thanks

We will be on a Norwegian fjords cruise in May. Do you suggest buying NOK here to have for our port visits? I have read that Euros and US $ might not be accepted and that there is a charge for using restrooms. Thanks for your advice?

Very good question. I was not aware that we might be able to use Euros in Norway. That would simplify things quite a bit.

Some shops will accept dollars and euros but you will get a dreadful rate.

I will advice against paying in other currencies then NOK.

The best option is to pay for purchases with credit cards.

Exchange some NOK either before you arrive or when in Norway for small those purchases.

It all looks wonderful Lars, can't wait for our cruise. Only 8 and half weeks!

Ann

Beautiful pictures - thank you for posting. We will be in Alesund in a little more than 3 weeks and are very excited to visit Norway.

Thank you:) Really hope you will get weather like we have today.

Hello Lars

We will be doing the Sky to Fjord Bike tour (through Celebrity Cruises) in Geiranger on May 13th. The starting point is at Djupvasshytta mountain lodge. Do you know if the route is along the same road as the one to Mt. Dalsnibba? Fingers crossed that the weather cooperates for us. Thanks for all your help.

Hello Lars

We will be doing the Sky to Fjord Bike tour (through Celebrity Cruises) in Geiranger on May 13th. The starting point is at Djupvasshytta mountain lodge. Do you know if the route is along the same road as the one to Mt. Dalsnibba? Fingers crossed that the weather cooperates for us. Thanks for all your help.

Yes, its the same road:).....May is "normally" a pleasant month with nice weather.

Edited by I-Cruiser