Live from the Crown Jan. 11-18

New grandma

Hi. Sounds like you are having a great cruise. Thank you for sharing your experiences! We are on this crise on the 25th. Can you advise when the 2nd formal night is? Given the last sea day is on the last day don't think that would be a formal night as the luggage is gone?? The day before is Grand Turk and in port till 7 PM so not sure if it will be on the St Thomas port day??

We had a brief shower. Came up suddenly. Sunny again but very windy and we are rockin. First formal night. New show tonight called Destination Anywhere. Can't remember if we have seen this or not.

Our formal nights are Monday and Thurs.

my husband isn't feeling well so this cruise is a bit different than usual. I had lunch in the Varibe Vafe today. Excellent Mexican buffet. Yesterday they had sushi. Dinner tonight was in the Horizon. They had an Italian buffet. Eggplant parmigiana was very good.

Had a brief shower tonight in Curasao. About to set off for Aruba.

Our formal nights are Monday and Thurs.

my husband isn't feeling well so this cruise is a bit different than usual. I had lunch in the Varibe Vafe today. Excellent Mexican buffet. Yesterday they had sushi. Dinner tonight was in the Horizon. They had an Italian buffet. Eggplant parmigiana was very good.

Had a brief shower tonight in Curasao. About to set off for Aruba.

I hope your husband feels better soon!

Are different things served in the Caribe Café vs. the Horizon Court? Or is it more of the same?

Does the ship change time on its way south? I think Aruba is one hour later than Eastern time, so just wondered if the ship arrives at 8:00 a.m. local time or 8:00 a.m. Eastern time.

Thanks! Hope hubby feels better, too.

We are in Aruba. Very calm seas yesterday. Think we were going very slow. Hubby feels better so we had breakfast in the Horizon and got off the ship around 0800. Getting off the ship was a breeze. My husband is platinum elite at Marriott so we canned it over. The taxi drivers didn't want to take us. Guess they were looking for longer fares. Took three tries. Cost $14 to the hotel.

The Cafe Caribe is not open for dinner on this ship. It does have a themed lunch everyday. Horizon has the same food as the dining rooms.

The Al Katz show was good last night. They had the big deck party at 2130 yesterday but we didn't make it.

Does the ship change time on its way south? I think Aruba is one hour later than Eastern time, so just wondered if the ship arrives at 8:00 a.m. local time or 8:00 a.m. Eastern time.

Thanks! Hope hubby feels better, too.

When we were on over Christmas we set our clocks forward an hour the night before we arrived in Aruba. We switched the clocks back the night before we pulled into Fort Lauderdale to end our cruise.

Glad to hear you are having a good time new grandma! What did you think of Destination Anywhere? I thought the costumes (the three big ones) were amazing!

When we were on over Christmas we set our clocks forward an hour the night before we arrived in Aruba. We switched the clocks back the night before we pulled into Fort Lauderdale to end our cruise.

Glad to hear you are having a good time new grandma! What did you think of Destination Anywhere? I thought the costumes (the three big ones) were amazing!

Thanks. :D

For the person who asked about music. There are different venues in different parts of the ship. Movies under the stars tends to have all different concerts. Billy Joel and Genesis to name two. There's dancing music in the explores lounge as well as the wheelhouse bar. Caribbean music in the explores lounge and on deck. Dixieland Jazz in the Piazza. Sinatra music in club fusion.

Got a wake up call at 0200. The computer blasted the captains welcome and muster information to the staterooms. About 15 min later, the embarrassed captain came on to apologize. We knew it was a glitch but many people grabbed life jackets and went to their muster stations.

Good show yesterday called It's a Swell Party or something like that. Music was good. Costumes and set were great.

Hot day today. About 86-88 degrees. Sunny and beautiful seas.

We're winding down.

Got a wake up call at 0200. The computer blasted the captains welcome and muster information to the staterooms. About 15 min later, the embarrassed captain came on to apologize. We knew it was a glitch but many people grabbed life jackets and went to their muster stations.

Good show yesterday called It's a Swell Party or something like that. Music was good. Costumes and set were great.

We're winding down.

Is the Swell Party the one with the mansion? Is the lead female still Sonja? And that sucks about the wakeup call..still Tony Yeomans in command?

We're winding down.

Did the crew respond to the muster stations ?????

Yes it was called What a swell party and the setting was a mansion and they were the staff. Can't remember the singers names. My bad. Will check on it.

No the crew ever heard the announcement. Only the passenger staterooms.

Yes it is Captain Yeomans. He was not a happy camper.

[quote name='New grandma']Yes it was called What a swell party and the setting was a mansion and they were the staff. Can't remember the singers names. My bad. Will check on it.
No the crew ever heard the announcement. Only the passenger staterooms.
Yes it is Captain Yeomans. He was not a happy camper.[/QUOTE]

Just curious whose still on board. A lot of the events we attended also were hosted by Toby and Chad, I understand this is Toby's final cruise before heading home! Poor Captain Yeomans...he's quite professional so I can see him not being happy at all.

Thanks for your live updates! I will be on the crown in a few weeks for the first time. We are planning to spend the day at the Marriott on Aruba...can you tell me anything about the facilities? Nice place to relax and spend the day? Thanks!

[quote name='New grandma']Lisa and Toby are the cruise directors. I thought I heard Toby was going home but can't be certain. Alex is the DJ.[/QUOTE]

Yeah according to his Facebook he is, Lisa and himself are off to the Royal in June from what they told us on our cruise.

[quote name='Twinsfan5']Thanks for your live updates! I will be on the crown in a few weeks for the first time. We are planning to spend the day at the Marriott on Aruba...can you tell me anything about the facilities? Nice place to relax and spend the day? Thanks![/QUOTE]

The Marriott was fabulous. They gave us a palapa and chairs and towels. The beach is very nice. Many things to rent or you can snorkel. They have a great pool area also. It was one of our favorite days. You will enjoy.

We had dinner at the Crown Grill last night. The lobster was good. The molten chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream was great according to my husband. At Cafe Caribe this afternoon they had a pastry buffet. The pistachio cake was very good.
Our last at sea day is very cold, overcast and windy.
We had a great time and don't want it to end. Those of you getting on tomorrow, you will have a terrific time.

We are at FLL. We did express walk off. They started disembarkation at 0730 and we were off and through customs before 0800. There were seven ships in port, so I think the later the disembark, the longer the customs lines. We took All Star Transfers to the airport. Flying American Airlines. The security lines are very short. We had TSA Precheck and were through in no time.
Already missing the Crown. Can't wait to sail again soon.