Planning a Nov cruise and first balcony I've

had in years for big bday celebration.

Not looking for priciest balcony but ideally

Midship and somewhat near elevators and on a quiet

floor maybe sandwiched between other

passenger decks. I would be open to something

toward aft or forward depending on feedback

here.

Close to restaurants once you go down elevator?

Traveling with older parents late 70's and early 80's

so thinking of convenience for the although

They are in amazing shape and look twenty

years younger :) thanks in advance!

Get confused by E1 and E2 and what the

different is and D1.

We've booked balconies all over the ship, but my favorites are deck 6 and deck 9 forward on Freedom class ships. The forward elevators are generally less crowded than the aft from our experience.

Deck 6 is just one floor up from the promenade and deck 9 is just two down from the pool deck and gym.

Since you say you are open to aft, I would absolutely recommend 7708 or 7408. They are category E and huge. They sleep up to 3. It is far from the elevator, but to us the spacious balcony was definitely worth it! Here are some pics of 7408 on Freedom, the sister of Liberty

e428f6aa34ba52f61a005fecea89f6bd_zpsb527b240.jpg

dbb3334c842de528b105d4cf983a72b1_zps0d414bd7.jpg

0d650fbdfa9c0320a63ebfa5959ab08f_zpse59554f5.jpg

e2e32f32a4d4a131e5a015d0d718b165_zps24e2fba6.jpg

We just got off the Liberty on Saturday. We loved our balcony and location. We had a junior suite which gave us a lot more room and only cost about 200 more. Our cabin was 9564 and was a bump out cabin which made our balcony bigger. There was easily enough room for 2 lawn chairs and 2 chairs and a table. Now with that said, this was our first Royal Caribbean cruise and can't compare our room or balcony to other balcony rooms without the bump out. I will have to say that the junior suite was way worth the extra 200!

Thank you all so much! I forgot to mention that we have one (will be seven) yr old son. I saw the photo of the bunk type better over the big bed which makes me so nervous for his age. Would the sofa open up fine to sleep for him in an E category? What category out of curiosity is the aft balcony. We have had two aft balconies in the past and I think prefer the midship ones instead. How do you figure out which E category have good balcony size and non obstructed view?

Thank you all so much! I forgot to mention that we have one (will be seven) yr old son. I saw the photo of the bunk type better over the big bed which makes me so nervous for his age. Would the sofa open up fine to sleep for him in an E category? What category out of curiosity is the aft balcony. We have had two aft balconies in the past and I think prefer the midship ones instead. How do you figure out which E category have good balcony size and non obstructed view?

Book a category D cabin. It has a pullout sofa bed instead of pull down. It is only a little bigger than an E, but you will need it with three people! 9532 is one of our favorites.

Thank you so much!! I am so grateful thst I asked that. I absolutely assumed the E type would have pull out sofa too

Not all D balconies have a sofabed. There is a key on the deck plan pages denoting which balconies will have a sofa bed. Look for the triangle following the stateroom #. A few E's have them also.

So glad I am starting research early! Thank you for explaining the key and that I could possibly find an E with pull-out couch. Spending more for a balcony so not sure I wanted to also spend more

On D level. Do you think forward on liberty is more convenient? Did anyone ever do a dream works breakfast with characters? That would be an amazing surprise for my seven yr old

Thanks for the help! The E1 cabins that show triangle (sofa bed) were gone so I went to deck 9 midship by elevator in a D1 :) I'm excited! Should be much more room than than the last cruise we took with the three of us. ( Norwegian star which I personally wouldn't recommend) sticking with celebrity and RC now although I heard Princess was nice

Too.