Can't Miss Bars In KW??

Dare2Believe

The best have been mentioned....Captain Tony's, Irish Kevin's, The Green Parrot. And for those more free spirits, there's the Garden of Eden rooftop bar (clothing optional). As I recall, most of the bars get started around 9-9:30am for the cruise ship passengers. You just need to adopt the "It's 5 o'clock Somewhere" attitude, and start drinking EARLY that day. You are on vacation after all!!! Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...
Peter,

What bar is that?

The chalkboard is my and DW's personal Key West favorite, The Porch. It's not your typical Key West bar serving up large quantities of cheap liquor and bad macrobrews, but it's a beer nerd heaven. Great selection of micros on draft and bottles and a decent wine selection. We'll usually go down and spend a few hours drinking micros that aren't distributed where we live.

I agree .

Not a local's place at all as a lot of the time they make fun of people with disabilities passing by, gays, overweight folks, etc.

But I realize they are there to make money off the tourists and they do a good job of that. I just stay away since they don't fit the "One Human Family" motto of Key West.

Mike:)

Mike, just found an email from Aug you had sent me! I don't use that email addy much anymore. I sent you a response on the new addy. Let me know where you ended up gettin' the LOBSTAH!!!

Louis

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I were born and raised in Key West and when we visit we go to the Smokin' Tuna in a little alley behind Captain Tony's and Rick's. Admittedly we go in the evenings and I'm not sure how it is during the day while there is a cruise ship in port. If the Nick Norman band with my high school buddy Caffeine Carl is playing it's a can't miss. They are great.

http://smokintunasaloon.com/bar-cam.php

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

By the way... we have never seen/heard them being mean or discriminatory ! People have to get a sense of humour!

I was pulled in off the sidewalk when the singer noticed I was a red head! He stopped "Mid song" and beckoned for me and my husband to come in... "Hey RED!! Get your Butt in here and help us raise a glass to all those OUT THERE - that aren't!!"

It's just a raise your glass and singalong Place like we have at home here in nova Scotia!!!

;)

Edited by copper6606