Legend TA Tenerife>FLL '05

Jane Pond

I am starting in Malaga. Who else is crossing?

Jane

Count me in. This will be year 5! First 2 years started in Malaga, but now Tenerife. I believe this all changes for 2006!

Host Dan

Dan~~~I almost booked this, but as the whole family/clan (plus friends) gather at the ranch for Thanksgiving I needed to be in West Texas at this time. Just can not be "out of pocket" during Nov.

I know the Miller's and daughter will be on......also all the Brit's will be there!

Perhaps the Dr.'s from NY City?

It will be a grrreat Crossing! Do you have your Trivia team yet? (watch your jugular vein)

Happy Trails and Sails!

Hugs, too, your way

MB

Host DanWhat changes are you expecting for '06 crossing?

Lefty Bob

I don't believe you can book Tenerife to Ft' Lauderdale in '06, just the full 16 day cruise..

Host Dan

We (Larry and Shelagh) are doing the crossing - our first -:o only joining in Tenerife though. We are off on the Pride on the 31st July to do the fjords - can't wait - we haven't been on Seabourn since April and it seems AGES!!

Kathryn and Brian - are you still doing the crossing or are you still annoyed with Seabourn - you don't seem to have posted on the site for ages.

Shelagh,

Yes and yes !! Still annoyed, still crossing, and yes it is a long time since April so doing Rome to Malaga 23rd October as well :D . Cannot let being annoyed get in the way of cruising now can we???

Hope you have (know you will) a fantastic time on the Pride, think of us poor things back at home! Looking forward to meeting up again (nothing personal, it means we will be cruising again).

Kathryn & Brian

I imagine I will fly into Malaga on the sail date (from London). Any hints about getting to the dock from the airport? Are taxi's plentiful? I can't see spending lots of money if it's not a difficult distance.

Thanks, Jane

Jane

We did not have a problem in Malaga three years ago getting from airport to ship. It is not that far and I think Malaga always has a plentiful supply of taxis. We fly in and out of there every year and although we have a car, there always seems to be a long queue of taxis.

Thanks! I will have just carry-on luggage and would prefer a taxi than having to arrange a car. But I am not adverse to that if you think it's wise. I am currently arranging a car and tour guide for my day in Falmouth, since none of the day trips appealled to me.

Jane

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I thought I would give this a bump since the days are moving right along. I arranged for a car and guide to pick me up at the airport and show me the city for a few hours. I finally started to review my preliminary booklets and wonder if anyone has any suggestions for Seville, Morocco, or the Canary Islands.

Jane in PHL

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, please bear with me, I am re-capping, here. Diane, Harry and I will board in Malaga. Then, we will be at the Sky Bar to meet Dan, Larry and Sheilagh, Kathryn and Brian, and honeymooners Willie and Siobhan as they muster for the lifeboat drill. Jane in PHL who still can't use paragraphs despite checking all the right boxes)

Archived