Latest on Freedom's Upcoming Upgrades

winddawn

The sunshine involved the demolition of the main theatre, both dining rooms, and the addition of an entire deck of the ship. That requires a large amount of primary structure work and electrical work, and more importantly, introduces dependencies in the build flow. You can't simultaneously demolish the main theatre and install the liquid lounge.

Changing around the decorations of lounges or bolting a waterpark or ropes course on the top deck is a very different order of magnitude. For Freedom, it's possible simultaneously add a waterpark, ropes course, and renovate lounges and food venues. It's just a question of what they want to do.

Then do you think that it would be possible to redecorate the whole ship to the breeze/sunshine decor?

Then do you think that it would be possible to redecorate the whole ship to the breeze/sunshine decor?

It's more of a question of what does Carnival want to do with the ship than what is possible. The problem is that if you want to change the decor, then you probably have to commit to doing the decor of the whole ship, you can't really do it halfway otherwise it's gonna look strange.

It comes down to a cost/benefit trade: does a redecoration make you money in the long term? Doing things like adding upgrades to the top decks certainly makes you money in the long term as it increases demand for the cruise line. Changing out old lounge concepts to fresh ones makes you more money since people will be there ordering drinks-- the Legend is getting a Red Frog pub. However, I don't know if changing the decor of the aft lounge, the lido buffet, the theatre, and the atrium for the sake of changing the decor is going to make money in the long term.

It's more of a question of what does Carnival want to do with the ship than what is possible. The problem is that if you want to change the decor, then you probably have to commit to doing the decor of the whole ship, you can't really do it halfway otherwise it's gonna look strange.

It comes down to a cost/benefit trade: does a redecoration make you money in the long term? Doing things like adding upgrades to the top decks certainly makes you money in the long term as it increases demand for the cruise line. Changing out old lounge concepts to fresh ones makes you more money since people will be there ordering drinks-- the Legend is getting a Red Frog pub. However, I don't know if changing the decor of the aft lounge, the lido buffet, the theatre, and the atrium for the sake of changing the decor is going to make money in the long term.

Do you think though that 2 weeks is enough time to change the decor

Do you think though that 2 weeks is enough time to change the decor

I really have no idea because there can be many different levels of changing the decor. The hardest part would likely be re-painting the mural on the atrium on decks 6-9.

From the information gathered thus far, here is my take on the freedoms drydock.

DEFINITE

- Drydock in Freeport

- Drydock will last 14 day

- New menus

- Bookville

- Addition of scenic and captain cabins

- New carpeting and bedding throughout the ship

LIKELY

- Will receive at least 2.0 upgrades

- Will receive Waterworks

- Some features may not be fully completed after drydock

- Magnitude of drydock will be between Glory and Sunshine

POSSIBLE

- Skycourse

- Redecoration of entire ship

- Introduction of rumored 3.0 upgrades.

I have an email going in to my pvp. I will let you know I I hear anything, There will also be a Major Carnival announcement in New York on January 22nd. Let's see if it has to do with the Freedom...

From the information gathered thus far, here is my take on the freedoms drydock.

DEFINITE

- Drydock in Freeport

- Drydock will last 14 day

- New menus

- Bookville

- Addition of scenic and captain cabins

- New carpeting and bedding throughout the ship

LIKELY

- Will receive at least 2.0 upgrades

- Will receive Waterworks

- Some features may not be fully completed after drydock

- Magnitude of drydock will be between Glory and Sunshine

POSSIBLE

- Skycourse

- Redecoration of entire ship

- Introduction of rumored 3.0 upgrades.

I have an email going in to my pvp. I will let you know I I hear anything, There will also be a Major Carnival announcement in New York on January 22nd. Let's see if it has to do with the Freedom...

Does any other conquest ship have the 1.0 waterworks? This sound like a huge undertaking.

There will also be a Major Carnival announcement in New York on January 22nd. Let's see if it has to do with the Freedom...

That will be an announcement that a major announcement is imminent.

From my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk.