Latest on Freedom's Upcoming Upgrades

winddawn

From the information gathered thus far, here is my take on the freedoms drydock.

DEFINITE

- Drydock in Freeport

- Drydock will last 14 day

- New menus

- Bookville

- Addition of scenic and captain cabins

- New carpeting and bedding throughout the ship

LIKELY

- Will receive at least 2.0 upgrades

- Will receive Waterworks

- Some features may not be fully completed after drydock

- Magnitude of drydock will be between Glory and Sunshine

POSSIBLE

- Skycourse

- Redecoration of entire ship

- Introduction of rumored 3.0 upgrades.

I have an email going in to my pvp. I will let you know I I hear anything, There will also be a Major Carnival announcement in New York on January 22nd. Let's see if it has to do with the Freedom...

Have you emailed your PVP yet?

• 2 weeks later...
Are you sure??? I can't find where he said that! Can you copy/paste for me? or direct me to the link? I am interested in the Carnival Freedoms dry Dock also.

This was actually a response to a question that I asked him about the Live performace on the Freedom. I didn't expect him to respond about the drydock. I deleted the post because I had typos. LOL:)

Here is John's response:

o

John Heald no plans for Carnival Live on that ship but next week I will let you know all the upgrades she will get in dry dock and I think you will be very happy

This was actually a response to a question that I asked him about the Live performace on the Freedom. I didn't expect him to respond about the drydock. I deleted the post because I had typos. LOL:)

Here is John's response:

o

John Heald no plans for Carnival Live on that ship but next week I will let you know all the upgrades she will get in dry dock and I think you will be very happy

Any word?

For those interested on this thread, john heald still has not announced freedom upgrades.

Probably because there's nothing to announce. Carnival is all about the hype. If they're not saying anything, it's probably because there's nothing extraordinary going on with it. They're all over the Legend right now. That's where the hype machine is at right now.

No mention of Guy's burgers??

We just experienced Guy's Burgers for the 1st time a few weeks ago (1/18/14).

While on that cruise, we booked January 2015 Freedom and the "loyalty expert" said Freedom was getting Guy's Burgers. We'll be very, very disappointed if that's not true. Of course, it WON"T ruin the cruise, but we'll miss it.

I'm curious....

So with the idea that there may be an itinerary change, or even a home port change....

I'm booked ES B2B Jan/Feb 2015. If they change the home port from FLL to somewhere else, or modify the iten for the the dates I'm booked, will they allow me to cancel without penalty?

I'm curious....

So with the idea that there may be an itinerary change, or even a home port change....

I'm booked ES B2B Jan/Feb 2015. If they change the home port from FLL to somewhere else, or modify the iten for the the dates I'm booked, will they allow me to cancel without penalty?

Good question. That would affect us, too.

We booked B2B (ES) for the last 2 weeks of January. Sure hope they don't change the homeport. If they make any changes to itinerary on the 6 day, I won't care, but I'm happy with the itinerary on the 8 day.