Clarification for a newbie

kanadakid

I am set to go on my first ever cruise in 2 weeks to the East Caribbean, and have been reading lots, and am looking to clarify a couple things. The Carnival slant on formal nights states that "Some gents wear a tux, but suits are just fine and quite common" I thought I read elsewhere in a post that formal nights aren't once they what were and a long-sleeved shirt would suffice. ( I am doing a beach vacay after the cruise in Fl and would prefer not to have to bring a jacket/blazer at all if not mandatory for the formal night) I read on one post that someone brings there own Splenda, as there is non avail onboard. I am unsure if she was saying that there was no Splenda or no sweetener whatsoever. I read that one can order a bottle as part of a bar setup in room, then read elsewhere that the prices are not reasonable. Anyone have an idea on what a 26 oz (1L) bottle of spirits (rum, vodka etc) would cost?

Thanks much!

I am set to go on my first ever cruise in 2 weeks to the East Caribbean, and have been reading lots, and am looking to clarify a couple things. The Carnival slant on formal nights states that "Some gents wear a tux, but suits are just fine and quite common" I thought I read elsewhere in a post that formal nights aren't once they what were and a long-sleeved shirt would suffice. ( I am doing a beach vacay after the cruise in Fl and would prefer not to have to bring a jacket/blazer at all if not mandatory for the formal night) I read on one post that someone brings there own Splenda, as there is non avail onboard. I am unsure if she was saying that there was no Splenda or no sweetener whatsoever. I read that one can order a bottle as part of a bar setup in room, then read elsewhere that the prices are not reasonable. Anyone have an idea on what a 26 oz (1L) bottle of spirits (rum, vodka etc) would cost?

Thanks much!

A collared shirt without a jacket is fine. Yes they have Splenda.

I have never ordered a bottle to the room. But if you go in the shops on the ship the will not let you take it to the cabin. You pick it up last night of the cruise.

There was a price hike on the liquor shortly before our August sailing. The price for hard liquor ranges from $65.00 to $105.00. You can get some lighter options such Peach Scnapps or Apple Pucker for $45.00. To see the list you can find it by searching Fun Shop on the Carnival site. Happy cruising!

A collared shirt without a jacket is fine. Yes they have Splenda.

I have never ordered a bottle to the room. But if you go in the shops on the ship the will not let you take it to the cabin. You pick it up last night of the cruise.

Thanks all for the great feedback - Guess I will take a tie to spruce up my shirt :). And I guess the price of a bottle isn't so bad compared to what we have to pay in Canada, so all's well. Cheers, Ivan

Thanks all for the great feedback - Guess I will take a tie to spruce up my shirt :). And I guess the price of a bottle isn't so bad compared to what we have to pay in Canada, so all's well. Cheers, Ivan

I hope you have a fabulous cruise!