Grandeur 7156?

Just booked this cabin. New to Grandeur. Have sailed in Aft JS multiple times on Enchantment. What should I expect? I imagine there will be noise from lounge below, so I will bring ear plugs. I know all JS are not created equal - so what does this one have (or not have)? A good example of differences (on Enchantment), one cabin had a nice wardrobe at balcony end of the room, but another had a HUGE walk in closet... but a useless chair that cluttered the room...

I'm curious to read some reviews on this cabin too, we booked it for a cruise in October. I am considering changing cabins, what I have read over the last few days is you will hear music and bass from the sound system below. The opinions on how bad it is very from so loud the occupants had to move to another cabin to just a slightly noticeable hum of sound from 9-11pm. Most say they're out until midnight so if it was loud, they didn't really notice. Also from what I've read, the Diamond Club below doesn't help cut the noise since it's constructed with partitions and not actual walls. Our issue is we will have a 3-yr old with us so if it is loud, I don't want it keeping her up in the evening. There is plenty of time to decide and many other JS's to consider, I'm hoping one of the aft JS's on 8 opens up and I'll snag one of those. We had 8588 years ago and never heard any noise from above.

Edited by The Grumpus

So, the Diamond Lounge is part of of the South Pacific Lounge? I worry a little about the noise. On Enchantment there was a LOT of music coming from what appeared to be a crew area lower on the ship.

I'm curious to read some reviews on this cabin too, we booked it for a cruise in October. I am considering changing cabins, what I have read over the last few days is you will hear music and bass from the sound system below. The opinions on how bad it is very from so loud the occupants had to move to another cabin to just a slightly noticeable hum of sound from 9-11pm. Most say they're out until midnight so if it was loud, they didn't really notice. Also from what I've read, the Diamond Club below doesn't help cut the noise since it's constructed with partitions and not actual walls. Our issue is we will have a 3-yr old with us so if it is loud, I don't want it keeping her up in the evening. There is plenty of time to decide and many other JS's to consider, I'm hoping one of the aft JS's on 8 opens up and I'll snag one of those. We had 8588 years ago and never heard any noise from above.

We were next door in 7152 so I hope this helps.

The balcony is very large - 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and 2 tables. Great location if you like sun because there is very little shade available. The overhang is too small for that.

We did not have any problems with noise from the lounge below. Only one time could I hear a faint bit of music but it ended very early. The rest of the time was a no-noise zone.

The cabin was a very good size with plenty of storage. The only down side was we could not store the luggage under the bed. No room (the bed is very low) plus other things are already being stored there.

Also we had a great cabin Jorge Barker. I hope you get him.

Now for the bad news. If you hit rough weather (we did on the first day that lasted over 24 hours) you will be tossed around. The closet doors will open and close every time the ship rolls. We had to place a suitcase in front of both doors to keep them closed. A minor issue.

I hope you enjoy your cabin and the trip overall.

Hal

We were in cabin 7154. Great cabin, balcony was huge. 2 lounge chairs, big table with 4 chairs. And yes, you could hear music, bass , at night from the lounge below you. But it never bothered us to the point that we couldn't go to sleep. I'd book the room again. Enjoy.