Norwegian Breakaway Front of Ship Access

Gnac76

I have been on 5 cruises, 3 carnival, 2 royal. On every cruise i have been able to walk to the front of the ship at night and star gaze (even if I had to walk past a "do not enter" sign). Was just wondering if it is possible to do this on the breakaway, specifically at night. Thanks!

I mean if theres a sign that says caution crew only, or caution windy, it does not disuade me from going to the front of the ship. Not like there isnt access to where I was going during the day but at night sometimes there would be a sign up. Not like I went somewhere completely offlimits as one could get there during the day.

If i rephrase my question to, does the norwegian breakaway have front of ship access like carnival and royal caribbean ships do (valor, dream, magic, explorer and freedom) will that make more sense? I just want to be able to walk to the front of the ship and from the pictures cannot tell whether thats possible on this ship or not and was hoping someone whom has could enlighten me. Thanks!

I mean if theres a sign that says caution crew only, or caution windy, it does not disuade me from going to the front of the ship. Not like there isnt access to where I was going during the day but at night sometimes there would be a sign up. Not like I went somewhere completely offlimits as one could get there during the day.

If i rephrase my question to, does the norwegian breakaway have front of ship access like carnival and royal caribbean ships do (valor, dream, magic, explorer and freedom) will that make more sense? I just want to be able to walk to the front of the ship and from the pictures cannot tell whether thats possible on this ship or not and was hoping someone whom has could enlighten me. Thanks!

Deck 17

No access to the bow area on NCL ships.

(With the exception of the panama canal)

but there is an area up front on deck 16 or 17 that's open to passengers. they must expect people because there's lounge chairs etc up there.

There's no reason why you can't star gaze on the upper sun decks if. And if a sign says " WINDY" it's posted for a reason. We have often seen signs posted on the doors to the decks saying closed due wind or something to that effect when windy.

Edited by Ilovesailing

To the OP, no acces to the bow like on Explorer or Freedom. Oasis had the same rule. Only got out to her bow due to a sailaway party for Platinum crown & anchor. Otherwise, it was restricted. Besides, at night I bet the bridge crew saw some weird stuff. If I thought of it, I bet someone more daring did it. : )

Restriction may be due to design (more tripping hazards on Oasis) or by Captain preference, not sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app