Grand Turk vs. Nassau

alyssa0922

So looks like the port switched from Grand Turk to Nassau on the Ruby Christmas 2014 cruise... Ugh! Been to Nassau and stayed at Atlantis before. What is there to do on Nassau other than Atlantis? The day pass is pretty spendy. I am kind of bummed, I was really looking forward to Grand Turk.:-(

I have been to Grand Turk several times on land trips to SCUBA dive. The island is 6 miles long and 1 mile wide more or less. The whole idea of a cruise ship stopping at Grand Turk to me is mind boggling. Other than snorkeling and SCUBA diving, there really is not much else to do. I am in no hurry to return to the island. Caicos, its sister islands, are much nicer and larger with actual resorts, beaches, etc.

I'd be bummed too! I was in Grand Turk last week and loved it. I was also in Nassau last week. We walked around and shopped for a couple of hours and got back on the ship. I have no desire to go back. After beautiful, free beaches in Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay, I refused to spend $180-240 for the 6 of us to go to a beach that would not be even half as pretty as the other stops.

• 2 weeks later...

we have been to Nassau many times and done different things from Day Pass at Atlantis $$$$$$ , to day pass at Breezes (very good deal) to private taxi tour this time only $25 pp and it was GREAT! All the times we have been to Nassau and never saw Queen Ann Staircase, it was interesting and a pretty little spot LOL. Our tour guide was very informative and friendly. I have his business card if your interested in that. I don't think we are allowed to post tour guide info on cruise critic so just email me at megator2@aol.com if you would like his contact info. Got to see a lot of Nassau they we ever did past trips to Nassau. Plus left plenty of time to shop in town and grab something to eat. I suggest going to the Fish Fry, much better then anything in town!