Help!!!!!! Best Park & Cruise hotels in Miami?!?!

jaxstiles

Somebody please, please PLEASE give me your thoughts and opinions on the best park and cruise hotel options for Miami. Preferably with shuttles to/from ship. We are a traveling party of 16 driving down from Jacksonville.

Thank you!!!

There are NO hotels that will pick you up for free after your cruise -- for 16 plus bags you'll need about 4 taxis; typical fare back to MIA area hotels is $25-30 per cab.

Most of the park/sleep hotels are out near the MIA airport -- downtown and Miami Beach hotels charge their guest $25-30+/day to park. :eek: Look at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon or nearby Homewood Suites -- nice area with shopping and dining options within walking distance. Springhill Suites Medical Center has also had several positive suggestions on this board recently.

Check www.parksleepfly.com and www.stay123.com

Thanks for your help. Starting to get a headache trying to find parking and hotel accommodations.

So, if I were to book just a regular stay hotel ( as opposed to a so called " park & cruise") would u recommend just driving ourselves to the port and paying the $20 bucks a night to park. At this point I'd gladly pay the extra money over the hassle of it all.

Thanks for your help. Starting to get a headache trying to find parking and hotel accommodations.

So, if I were to book just a regular stay hotel ( as opposed to a so called " park & cruise") would u recommend just driving ourselves to the port and paying the $20 bucks a night to park. At this point I'd gladly pay the extra money over the hassle of it all.

I just booked a stay, park, and cruise hotel for our cruise out of POM thru hotelnparking dotcom. We're cruising on the Breeze March 15. I booked Red Roof Inn on Lejeune blvd. for Friday night and my vehicle to stay there until March 23rd for $142.00 including tax. It includes free shuttle to the ship, you have to take a taxi back after the cruise. They have free breakfast too. Reviews for this hotel were pretty much ok.

Lots of cruisers use the LaQuinta East. Also look at the more costly Blue Lagoon area hotels. Depending on length of time away, I always rec the ovenight stay to save the parking fees at the Miami port. And I like getting a good night's sleep preboarding.

Parking at POM is convenient, covered and secure -- but $20/day puts many off. Parking at any hotel will not be covered, will not be as convenient, and will not be as secure. Are the savings worth the hassle and risk? - only you can make the call.

If you are all driving from Jax you could get up VERY early and drive to POM the morning of your cruise, or save on hotel $$ by staying cheap north of Miami (PBI or FLL) and driving to POM the morning of your cruise.

Edited by JohninDC

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know of any hotels doing Park and Cruise, that provide transportation to and from the cruise port. It appears that most hotels by the port of Miami only offer transportation to the cruise port.

There are NO hotels that will pick you up at POM for free after your cruise; typical fare back to MIA area hotels is $25-30 per cab. La Quinta East was offering to arrange for a shuttle back to the hotel for about $12+ per person -- it is easier and likely cheaper to take a cab.

I'm looking for a park, stay and cruise package, I know that I won't be able to find a place that will get us to and from the port, only to. I've used choice hotels in the past and I see the Quality Inn Miami Airport has this package:

Park Sleep Cruise Package

Drop off your car and sail away

Free parking for length of cruise and one way transportation for two to the Miami Cruise Port per stay. Extra person charge $5.00.

Has anyone stayed here and would you recommend it? If not, any other suggestions? The rate I'm getting for Easter week is $149, seems reasonable for a one night stay and parking for the week, but is it safe?

I just booked a stay, park, and cruise hotel for our cruise out of POM thru hotelnparking dotcom. We're cruising on the Breeze March 15. I booked Red Roof Inn on Lejeune blvd. for Friday night and my vehicle to stay there until March 23rd for $142.00 including tax. It includes free shuttle to the ship, you have to take a taxi back after the cruise. They have free breakfast too. Reviews for this hotel were pretty much ok.

I would not leave my car there for any reason.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a very nice hotel, got a good nights sleep and they took us to the port (2 for each room, 12 dollars for extra's) and at check in, you can tell them you want a return voucher (12 dollars each) and they will give you a receipt and instructions on how to call for them to come pick you up.

They have a nice continental breakfast with free Starbucks coffee while breakfast is being served.

They have two times they take you, 10:30 and noon, depending on what time you would like.

We are planning on booking this again for our next cruise.

janymac:p