Storing cases

tricia1563

The dimensions of our largest hard sided case is : Large Roller Case (cm): 71 x 51 x 27 (Case Weight is 4.7 kg).

On the QV/QE we had 2 large and 2 medium (Med Roller Case (cm): 61 x 45 x 23 (Case Weight is 3.9 kg)) which we stacked inside the larger ones and a hand luggage case inside too.

We put 1 under 1 side of the bed and 1 under the other without any difficulty.

For QM2 recently which was only a short voyage, we used the large and the medium and put them separately under either side of the bed. They both went without any problem.

Hope this helps.

We had to lift the bed in our balcony cabin on the QM2 last year to get our large suitcase under it. We found that there isn't as much clearance as there is under the QE and QV beds.

Edit: our large suitcase is 75 x 49 x 29.5cm, so just slightly larger than Lynnewob's.

Edited by Ray66

What size case can fit under the bed of sheltered balcony cabin deck 6. Any suggestions as I am a first time cruiser and bringing my mum. Departing in February. Qm2
Cunard's FAQ say:

What is the size of the bed and the space underneath?

Single beds measure approximately 34 x 79 inches.

As a queen this equates to approximately 68 x 79 inches.

Space underneath - from the floor to the top of the bed frame 14 inches.

We had to lift the bed in our balcony cabin on the QM2 last year to get our large suitcase under it. We found that there isn't as much clearance as there is under the QE and QV beds.

Edit: our large suitcase is 75 x 49 x 29.5cm, so just slightly larger than Lynnewob's.

Yes, I'll back you up on that point Ray. We (or rather "I") had to lift the edge of the bed before the suitcases would go under on QM2. Definitely more clearance under the edge of the beds on the VistaSistas

J

Yes, I'll back you up on that point Ray. We (or rather "I") had to lift the edge of the bed before the suitcases would go under on QM2. Definitely more clearance under the edge of the beds on the VistaSistas

J

I also have to lift the edge slightly to get mine under but my husband's, which looks to be the same size, just slides right in. So it's just a fraction of space missing. I always enjoy leaving the cabin, looking well put together.......with no sign of having just grappled around on my knees pushing, shoving, and cursing. :D

Thank you for all the responses I should be fine with the cases we have to fit under beds. I also would rather the cabin look tidy when not there.

Tricia, I'm sure you won't have any problems. I was referring to me, myself looking well put together.....but yes, I like the nice, tidy, cabin as well. :)

Thanks Rob....I never knew that was an option. We kept one big case on the balcony once. Talk about an atmosphere downer. :(
Brigitte, I didn't have any bag trouble as I flew up, size was limited by the airline. Sorry you missed last Christmas it was fun no illness that I know of thank goodness, and I wondered where you were at the meet and greet there was only a few of us. Arriving in NY with snow on the deck was a shock I was lucky flying from EWR no trouble but the other airports were shut down so some folks had a lot of trouble getting home.Regards Ann

Brigitte, I didn't have any bag trouble as I flew up, size was limited by the airline. Sorry you missed last Christmas it was fun no illness that I know of thank goodness, and I wondered where you were at the meet and greet there was only a few of us. Arriving in NY with snow on the deck was a shock I was lucky flying from EWR no trouble but the other airports were shut down so some folks had a lot of trouble getting home.Regards Ann

Hello Ann, It sounds like you had a wonderful trip.....good to hear. Yes, that certainly was a rude awakening in NYC. I saw the pictures.....wow. Glad that you didn't have any problems getting home. :)