How many bathing suits????

At least two, one to wash and another to wear. If you have more, I would take them -- swimsuits only take up a little room! Also a cover-up that is more like a dress than a little sarong is nice if you want to go shopping, have lunch in the dining room, etc.

I always bring at least 3. I do rinse them out, but I know in the Caribbean where it is more humid they seem to take longer to dry. I hate putting on a damp swimsuit. Also, there's been occasion where we go to port in a swimsuit, change to clothes but then go swimming again back on the ship. Like I said, I hate putting on an already wet suit. Besides they don't take up that much room in the suitcase so 3 is my minimum, but 4 is most likely.

I am bringing 4 bathing suits, but some are mix and match so I have more options. I have some bikinis that are for strictly laying out and then some that are for more active activities.

I will rinse them out and hang them to dry in the shower on the ship and then when I get home, hand wash them really well to get the salt and seawater out thoroughly.

I'm taking a one piece for swimming with the sting rays, a tankini for the beach at Cozumel and a 2-piece bikini for sunning on board ship. I may take an extra in case I change my mind somewhere along the way!

Last cruise I took 3 suits, but one had 2 different bottoms, so it was almost like having 4 suits, since the top dried faster than the bottoms.

Bathing suits are the one thing I don't really skimp on, they take almost no room in a suitcase. I take at least 4 or 5, one of which is what I call a sacrificial suit, for the hot tubs. We are in our suits for much of the day on sea days. On port days, we many times come back to the ship early and lay by the pool without all the crowds. I don't mind wearing a suit twice during a cruise, but it's like clothes, you want a little variety. I hand wash them in the sink and they will take quite a while to dry, at least a full day. If you have a balcony, you can take along some clothes pins and hang them on the chair, clipping securely. No laundry hanging off the balcony, please :rolleyes: .

Let's see...I'm planning on my black 2 piece, striped bikini (good for hot tub), new suit with 2 different bottoms and red Newport News swimuit. So that's 4 but I can wear 2 of the tops with 2 different bottoms.

Archived