Oceana Caribbean/ Many children on board?

janem2

Hi

Thinking of going on a 24 night Caribbean cruise on Oceana in 1Q 2015. I normally travel adult only on my hols. Has anyone been on a similar Caribbean cruise on Oceana? Were there many children? I am assuming not as its in term time and a 24 day cruise would not be my first choice with a baby....

Thanks for any input

J

Hi

Thinking of going on a 24 night Caribbean cruise on Oceana in 1Q 2015. I normally travel adult only on my hols. Has anyone been on a similar Caribbean cruise on Oceana? Were there many children? I am assuming not as its in term time and a 24 day cruise would not be my first choice with a baby....

Thanks for any input

J

We have been last year to USA and Canada on Aurora, 25 nights in September. We were over rum with the two children on board. They on the other have were thoroughly spoiled.

We have done quite a few Caribbean cruises with P&O and there have only ever been a few children on board - mostly very young. We haven't really been aware of them during the cruise at all. We always go second sitting and in the event that the parents choose to eat in the main dining room they usually go early. Sometimes the children have early children's tea and don't even go to the main dining room. I wouldn't think it's something you need to worry about.

We did the 28 day cruise on Oceana last year and we're doing it again this year. Someone on our roll call this year is taking their two children and last year I would say there were six in total, 3 of whom were school age and the other 3 babies / toddlers. I have never found children a problem on any P&O ship and in fact you hardly seem them. I think they have lots to do at the clubs and are very well managed so always look as if they're having a great time.

I think I am going to go for it. Now just to decide whether its worth joining cruise-miles before I go ... off to search the forum :-)

Enjoy your cruise in Feb tartanexile81 (I am very jealous)

J