oceania, gay friendly, single friendly?

dr.dawg

hi, i'm a long-time cruiser on HAL, but things have gone down. i'm 70 and single, and just had mouth-cancer surgery, which looks good at this point. but i want to take a really nice cruise; HAL has become so 'carnival' if you know what i mean. i am willing to pay more for a great experience, and, yes, with good food. need to gain those pounds back after a month of 'tomato soup.' lol i know about oceania, r-ships and new ships. my question is would oceania be a 'fit' for me? they offer no break at all for singles; only 200percent per cabin. doug

As you can see by our signature we are about to take our 14th Oceania Cruise. So we are big fans.

I think you will find it everything you want if you want the experience of staying with a "rich uncle" who has a beautiful home, a great chef and interesting friends. I wish we had to gain a few pounds, as we always gain a few on board. High Tea every afternoon is guaranteed to put on a pound a day.

Realize there are no wet t-shirt contests, buckets of beer, etc but from your post I suspect that is what you are looking for. The ship has a great library and it is well used.

The ships are very gay friendly in the sense that no one cares. Most of the passengers are older(we are 68 & 70), very well traveled and well educated.

You will be treated as an honored guest. Be sure your travel agent lets them know if you need anything special as to food, drink, etc.

It is a shame they do not have deals for singles although a couple of time I think I have seen a slightly lower price.

Find a friend and talk them into going with you!!!(help out with their fare and you are still ahead)

Forgot to note that you will have no problems as a single as with open seating they can put you at a table for 6 or 8 if you want. If you meet people you want to dine with you can get a smaller table that night. The maitre d' is very good and managing people and you will always have interesting table companions.

If you join a roll call and set up some private tours you will soon know people to dine with.

hi, i'm a long-time cruiser on HAL, but things have gone down. i'm 70 and single, and just had mouth-cancer surgery, which looks good at this point. but i want to take a really nice cruise; HAL has become so 'carnival' if you know what i mean. i am willing to pay more for a great experience, and, yes, with good food. need to gain those pounds back after a month of 'tomato soup.' lol i know about oceania, r-ships and new ships. my question is would oceania be a 'fit' for me? they offer no break at all for singles; only 200percent per cabin. doug

Oceania is a good choice. great food. We always did Cunard which was nicer than HAL, but they don't do much in the Caribbean anymore. Jan.25 we're doing a 14 day trip on Celebrity Eclipse. We hear they're very gay friendly(all the lines are)So we're trying them out.

Dr. Dawg -- nice to see you posting again. I had been thinking about you and wondering how you made out with your surgery. Hope you are doing well and I am still keeping you in my prayers. Hope you find an enjoyable cruise on a line you will be happy with.