Carnival Dream ....WOW ! WOW !!

Crusin Hogs

Thanks for your review, glad you had a great time......we sail the Dream in about 3 months and can't wait, we have anytime dining but usually don't eat until 7 or later, so hopefully not much wait.....WPS!!

Edited by hogwildcruzers

Thanks for your review, glad you had a great time......we sail the Dream in about 3 months and can't wait, we have anytime dining but usually don't eat until 7 or later, so hopefully not much wait.....WPS!!

You will have a great time , Driving down ? we did ... WPS ! back to you !

I think we were on the sailing before you ( 1/4) and we were in 11240 ( our kids in 11223 and 11224) and We had a screaming baby next door too ! It must have been every night from midnight until 2 or 3am. I was beginning to wonder if the baby was alone :confused: I would say she was about 18-20 months old, so not a tiny baby. A couple of nights I was really at odds with myself trying to be patient, but holding back from banging on the wall (which would have done no good I know) On our sailing there was always a great crowd in karaoke ( partly my group, but lots of others) and the Legends auditions were PACKED. Our previous Dream cruise was more like yours as far as karaoke, but they did have every legend barely represented. We love the Dream . It has everything that we love and a nice crew/staff.

ETA: My husband had a "run in" with crying baby's father. He was walking behind him in the spa and noticed that he had dropped his card. He nicely said " You dropped something" and the guy really snarled at him =/ Im guessing that they didn't have the cruise that they expected....

Our baby was about 12 months old , but what are the odds , you stayed in 11240 and we did , and a crying baby . I did get a case number from Carnival and email address to send it to , I have so lets see what happens ,

Yes we are....going to Memphis to pick up our best friends and leave from their house the day before the cruise.

We went thru Jackson , Mobile going down , Montgomery , Biringham , Memphis coming home , I like the Memphis route better , Our daughter works for W-M in Hot Springs !

Thanks for the review of the Dream. We are sailing on the Sunshine for the repositioning the same time that the Dream will be repositioning to New Orleans. This will be our second time on the Sunshine and we have enjoyed that ship. I was sorry to see that the Sunshine will be leaving NOLA but glad to see another great ship will be taking her place. I'm looking forward to booking my first cruise on the Dream.

... WPS ! back to you !

OK, let us New Yorkers in on it. What is WPS!?

Never mind, I just saw you're all from Arkansas...Razorbacks...Woo Pig Sooie right?

Edited by Tullic

Delighted to hear your review of the Dream...we will be on the 6/29/14 sailing out of NO. Was on the Breeze last year and quickly grew tired of the DJ and his horrible selection of blaring rap...hard the enjoy the serenity on the serenity deck while that is going on.

So are they testing out new things on the dream? With the DJ as well as the Evening shows? That would be welcome news as we didn't really enjoy the shows on the Breeze either.

Unfortunately, no. They are not testing new entertainment on the Dream. The Dream has always had the better shows. The addition of the Fun Force dancers & the Dancing in the Streets show back in 2009 (when the Dream started) was a big step up in entertainment, and it was thought that this would continue and spread. The Magic somewhat followed suit with their high quality illusion show (to tie in with the ship's name). But Carnival put a stop to that plan with the Breeze, and went way backwards, and are now wanting to put these worse shows on all their ships. I agree with what you said about the Breeze. I thought the ship was great in so many ways, but the bad entertainment just stood out so much.

So I'm sad to say that Carnival is not moving in the right direction, as you were hoping to hear. They are moving in the wrong direction, but the Dream is hanging on to the good entertainment for now. You may not get the slightly better burgers & breakfast burritos & a special room devoted to only sporting events, but you get much better entertainment in return. That, for me and many others, is an excellent trade-off.

Edited by k2excursion

Sounds good. I wonder if they are going to increase the entertainment on other ships. Glad you had a great trip and thanks for your feed back.

We just got off Triumph last week, and they had LIVE singers, and bands EVERYWHERE! Even by the pool in the afternoons, there was a guitarist/ singer. I never understood the comments about no live music. On Magic last May there were lots of live performers.

We just got off Triumph last week, and they had LIVE singers, and bands EVERYWHERE! Even by the pool in the afternoons, there was a guitarist/ singer. I never understood the comments about no live music. On Magic last May there were lots of live performers.

Yes, Triumph is another one of the ships that still has great shows with live music. Because their drydock was unscheduled, it escaped without the downgraded entertainment. Magic also still has a live band for their shows. What might be confusing you and many others is that some Carnival ships have this, some do not. Breeze, Sunshine, Glory, Conquest, Ecstasy, and maybe a couple other Fantasy class ships do not have live music for their production shows in the theater. There might be a band or a soloist elsewhere, but not in the showroom. Carnival is wanting to spread this to all their ships. If it won't effect their ability to get the ships booked without deeply discounting prices, it will happen.

Edited by k2excursion

Unfortunately, no. They are not testing new entertainment on the Dream. The Dream has always had the better shows. The addition of the Fun Force dancers & the Dancing in the Streets show back in 2009 (when the Dream started) was a big step up in entertainment, and it was thought that this would continue and spread. The Magic somewhat followed suit with their high quality illusion show (to tie in with the ship's name). But Carnival put a stop to that plan with the Breeze, and went way backwards, and are now wanting to put these worse shows on all their ships. I agree with what you said about the Breeze. I thought the ship was great in so many ways, but the bad entertainment just stood out so much.

So I'm sad to say that Carnival is not moving in the right direction, as you were hoping to hear. They are moving in the wrong direction, but the Dream is hanging on to the good entertainment for now. You may not get the slightly better burgers & breakfast burritos & a special room devoted to only sporting events, but you get much better entertainment in return. That, for me and many others, is an excellent trade-off.

Lets hope the big announcement this week is an improvement for real, in the entertainment.

I dislike MTD/ATD on any cruise line!

To Me MTD really means "Their Time Dinning" lol, but people haven't quite realized it yet! You get seated when they are ready to seat you not when you are ready to eat:rolleyes: Give me Traditional Dinning anyday:)

We always do late dinning and dine until they kick us out:D

Glad you enjoyed the Dream, we are travelling from Australia to sail on the Dream in June:)

I personally can never understand the mad rush to get onboard early or first? Early boarding should be reserved exclusively for those flying into port early from out of State with nowhere else to go with luggage in tow but onboard!

Thank you for the review :)

We are the Dream this weekend; so glad to hear the piano bar and DJ have a pulse!! Our last cruise on the Fascination left us very disappointed with the whole “DJ” style of entertainment. It felt kind of “thug life’ish” ……………………… and I forgot my baseball cap with stickers still on it!

Piano bar sounds like fun. Something like Irish Kevin’s in Key West. Had some great times there.

OK, let us New Yorkers in on it. What is WPS!?

Never mind, I just saw you're all from Arkansas...Razorbacks...Woo Pig Sooie right?

You are correct....you know how to call the Hogs!.....the WPS is something new that I believe started via facebook......glad people in NY are paying attention.

You are correct....you know how to call the Hogs!.....the WPS is something new that I believe started via facebook......glad people in NY are paying attention.

I bleed blue and I am not happy with what the Hogs did to my boys last week. I hope the next time we meet y'all won't be doin none of that WPS'in. :D

I bleed blue and I am not happy with what the Hogs did to my boys last week. I hope the next time we meet y'all won't be doin none of that WPS'in. :D

They still have to go up to play the big blue at their place.....I don't see the same thing happening....WPS!

Thank you for sharing your review with us. Hubby and I are on the Dream in October and we are slowly counting down the days. We are very excited as we have heard good things about the Dream. Thanks again for sharing your vacation with us.

I didn't realize there were OV on the spa deck! I thought it was only interior and balcony. That's good info to have!

Our SPA OV is on Panarama Deck 11, Not SPA deck. WAAAAYYY up front. 11201

Joe

Edited by MrCruzeaddict

Hog Wild Cruzers , We were on our balcony in port next to a Royal Caribbean ship , They started pulling away from the dock , yelling ,hollering ,going on so The 4 of us gave them a Wooo Pig Sooie

Several others from the Royal ship joined in and more from somewhere on the Dream , It went around 3-4 times , 1 guy on Royal was holding up a Hogs shirt ! It was a lot of fun !:D