Marriott Hotels 1 night precruise Miami

DDEMOM

I have a coupon for a Marriott Hotel Category 5. We are going on a cruise out of Miami. I have been going back on forth on the Courtyard Marriott Downtown Miami and the Courtyard Marriott at Aventura Mall. I have read very mixed reviews about the Downtwon Miami property but it is close to the port. I have also read that it can be difficult to deal with the traffic from Aventura to the Port of Miami.l Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels. I would also possibly consider the Marriotts over by the airport if anyone has stay there. I would appreciate any help.

I stayed at the Courtyard Downtown Miami, pre-cruise, with a Priceline win in November.

I had a car and parking was not outrageous and Budget and Avis return on same street.

They offer shuttle to the port for $5 per person and it has fixed spot for drop-off behind the luggage area at each terminal and avoids chaos this way.

Often important for cruisers, there is a Walgreens one block away for wine purchases and last minute needs. There was a great deal of dining options nearby.

I was generally very happy with the hotel.

I stayed at the Courtyard Downtown Miami, pre-cruise, with a Priceline win in November.

I had a car and parking was not outrageous and Budget and Avis return on same street.

They offer shuttle to the port for $5 per person and it has fixed spot for drop-off behind the luggage area at each terminal and avoids chaos this way.

Often important for cruisers, there is a Walgreens one block away for wine purchases and last minute needs. There was a great deal of dining options nearby.

I concur. I have stayed at this Courtyard and found it to be quite nice. I took a taxi instead of the shuttle, taxi was $12.

Good to know. We are staying there Feb. 14 before Breeze cruise Feb. 15

Good to know about walgrens

Do you remember how close to Bayside? We are meeting fellow cruisers for dinner at Largos . Our flight will be in Miami 9:30 am plenty of time to sight see that Friday before dinner, Do you remember if water taxis were close by?

Do you remember how close to Bayside? We are meeting fellow cruisers for dinner at Largos . Outrr flight will be in Miami 9:30 am plenty of time to sight see that Friday before dinner, Do you remember if water taxis were close by?

While they do have a reservation only stop of the water taxi at the Hyatt, you would really be going out of your way to take that transportation method such a short distance. Bayside is basically 2 long blocks over to Biscayne and then 5 long blocks up for about a 15 minute walk. I would stick to land taxis.

While the Miami trolley has a stop 2 blocks up on flagler street you have to back-track to catch it and then with wait might take more time than walking. The Miami mover stop that is nearby does not have a stop right at Bayside and therefore does not help too much either.

A regular taxi will be well under $10 and will get you there quick and safe. Or maybe walk there and taxi back would be an option to consider.

By far the Courtyard Marriott South Beach (not Miami Beach).

Why on earth would you stay downtown when you could stay at the beach and be in walking distance to MUCH better shopping and dining?

Bayside is a tourist trap with tacky stores and bad dining.

While they do have a reservation only stop of the water taxi at the Hyatt, you would really be going out of your way to take that transportation method such a short distance. Bayside is basically 2 long blocks over to Biscayne and then 5 long blocks up for about a 15 minute walk. I would stick to land taxis.

While the Miami trolley has a stop 2 blocks up on flagler street you have to back-track to catch it and then with wait might take more time than walking. The Miami mover stop that is nearby does not have a stop right at Bayside and therefore does not help too much either.

A regular taxi will be well under $10 and will get you there quick and safe. Or maybe walk there and taxi back would be an option to consider.

We were thinking walking over and taxi back. Thanks for sharing the info.

We also are using some points and I feel better staying closer to port the night before.

I wish we did not have to consider a budget, but I only had enough points for Courtyard

I would rather spend money on shore excursions or some extra foo foo drinks