CCL good with food allergies?

Kova15

My son has an allergy to milk and he cant have anything with milk products- so I have to read the label of everything he eats. I would love to go on another cruise but I am concerned about what he will eat. Has anyone had experience with something like this and CCL? Do they accommodate people with food allergies?

Thank you!

My son has an allergy to milk and he cant have anything with milk products- so I have to read the label of everything he eats. I would love to go on another cruise but I am concerned about what he will eat. Has anyone had experience with something like this and CCL? Do they accommodate people with food allergies?

Thank you!

My wife has a dairy allergy. You are able to get soy milk. Also, in the MDR the Maître d will come by each evening at the end of dinner to take the order for the next night so that it can be prepared special. You just have to inform them the first evening. The even made special desserts for my wife.

My wife has a dairy allergy. You are able to get soy milk. Also, in the MDR the Maître d will come by each evening at the end of dinner to take the order for the next night so that it can be prepared special. You just have to inform them the first evening. The even made special desserts for my wife.

Never was MD, used to be a social host working in DR. Last cruise the headwaiter did this.

They go thru your allergies the first night and each day you order for next evening. they did very well for my wife.

I have cruised with folks with all kinds of food allergies, needs etc (real and imagined LOL)...

fixed seating in MDR is the best choice - as others said they can go over next night menu with you and also get to know your needs

Can ask for info on the Lido on foods - but IMHO I would ask a supervisor if in doubt cause the workers may or may not know or even understand your question

You can also contact special needs ahead of time

and - when your kiddo gets older - contact special needs and fill out form at Camp Carnival

I sailed with one "imagineer" who "thought" she could only eat salads with vinegar, sushi , raw fish, tuna, some vegetables and diet coke

she tried to get them to give her diet coke with no charge (no way LOL)...and the special needs lady came nightly to try to figure things she "could" eat (and this is why I say "imagined" >>> we also found out this lady was pretty much bulimic - she would eat like a bird then eat 3 desserts...then off to the ladies room - ouch)

Staff was even good with her nutty ideas LOL and have been fine with the standard issues like gluten /dairy free etc :)