Returning guests

Cruzer2014

Don't some travel agents (not Carnival PVP) provide on board credits as a booking incentive?

Yes....I think that is probably what this was. A private TA with their own booking incentive, that they provide...not Carnival. That makes sense.

We too had the incentive to book with a TA last year...unfortunately, we had to cancel the cruise, due to my son's poor health.

A few weeks ago when I was contemplating booking a solo and researching, Carnival was offering "up to $160 shore excursion" OBC. In the fine print it stated the OBC would be added to your S&S account. It gave me the impression it could be used for anything.

A few weeks ago when I was contemplating booking a solo and researching, Carnival was offering "up to $160 shore excursion" OBC. In the fine print it stated the OBC would be added to your S&S account. It gave me the impression it could be used for anything.

Hope that is true!

I would hate to think it only is applied to your account IF you book Carnival excursions - but it sure sounds to me like it could be that way! :o

Kinda like the annoying platinum laundry credits on the Breeze. It shows as an S&S credit on your account - when you board. But if you do not use the three bags per person - they take the credit away for the ones not used! :eek:

Just to be super safe - bring along a printed copy of your booking confirmation that shows the OBC. Just in case you have to "prove" it should be on your accounts! ;) :D

Absolutely! We lost credits two cruises ago. They were there before we left Canada and then mysteriously disappeared. I had to reapply for them when I got home. I now print off the account summary before I leave home. It wasn't a big deal just annoying.

Per John Healds FB post, the shore excursion OBC can only be used for shore excursions.