thomas cook flights from manchester

amberpop

I was hoping we would be flying with thompsons again to barbados but sadly not. Our last flight with thomas cook wasn't very good at all, from food choice to the on-board entertainment which broke down! Has anyone travelled with them recently and what was the flight like, many thanks.

Still the same when we flew last November. No free drink any more (even though our flight confirmation said we would get one), booked the same seats outbound and inbound and the head phone socket was broken on one seat both ways even though we mentioned it on the way over. Watched The life of Pi and the Lone Ranger as silent movies. Apparently, (Sue informed me) Lone Ranger was really funny:D

Why not phone P&O and ask them to put you on to the Thomson flight if that's what you prefer. We've been booked on Thomas Cook flights a couple of times and have asked P&O to put us on the Thomson flight which they've done with no problem.

I would try and transfer your flight to Thomson.

We have just been to Barbados from Manchester and it is one of the worst flights we have been on. The plane was grubby, entertainment did not work properly and the meals had not been loaded correctly. i.e 20% chicken, 80% sausage.

In addition the crew were neither pleasant or helpful.

The other flight from Manchester was the Thomson Dreamliner which was given very good reports by other passengers.

How do you transfer your flight? As far as I know unless you go with a scheduled flight you are on the flight that P&O charter? We didnt complain last time but if we have a bad flight this year oh boy both TC and P&O will know about it!

How do you transfer your flight? As far as I know unless you go with a scheduled flight you are on the flight that P&O charter? We didnt complain last time but if we have a bad flight this year oh boy both TC and P&O will know about it!

If you booked direct with P and O you may be able to change. We booked direct and were allocated British Airways Boeing 777. We want to fly on Thomsons Dreamliner. I phoned P and O Southampton and they were able to change me over no problem, the lady I spoke with said most people usually want to swap to BA. This is a flight from Gatwick. Good Luck.

Martyn

If you booked direct with P and O you may be able to change. We booked direct and were allocated British Airways Boeing 777. We want to fly on Thomsons Dreamliner. I phoned P and O Southampton and they were able to change me over no problem, the lady I spoke with said most people usually want to swap to BA. This is a flight from Gatwick. Good Luck.

Martyn

Switching from a scheduled flight to a charter? Not suprised she said most want to swap to BA. I would choose BA over Thomson anytime.

Yes if you go with BA you have to go through immigration and collect your luggage before P&O take over and take your luggage. We too are on a T Cook flight in March and would much rather be on Thomson. However, I didn't bother to ask to change as I thought there might be a chance that we ended up with BA. It's worth putting up with TC in order not to have to go through immigration etc., just go down the aircraft steps and onto the coach which takes you straight to the ship and your luggage follows on.

The last TC flight we took - two years ago - the crew were fine, it was the plane which looked old and tatty and the on board entertainment was on a loop system so you couldn't choose when to see a film - I ended up watching the second half of a film first and then watched the beginning! Thomson are far superior in my opinion but hey - we're off on a cruise so can put up with the flight.

Flew Thomas Cook to Barbados in December - very pleasantly surprised...no free drinks and entertainment was limited but the flight itself was excellent ...plenty of leg-room in standard economy, food was good and the staff were great. Down the steps of the aircraft and onto the waiting minibuses on the runway and taken straight to the ship.....perfect

Just over 9 hours going over there and just over 7 coming back. Take your own entertainment (I had a Netbook loaded with films, Walkman, a book and a Sony PSP! so didnt have to bother with the in-flight stuff) and you'll be fine........enjoy your holiday

Edited by arpster

Thanks everyone, I did phone P&O this morning, they were very helpful indeed, but when he checked thomson flight only 1 seat available. We will just hope for best, at least not paid for premier seats, and, I would rather have a bad flight than a bad cruise!!