Question about Legend obstructed cabins

LindaJSteele

We have a chance to get a GREAT rate for an obstructed view balcony cabin on the Legend, but it won't be a GREAT rate if we can't see anything. In the Carnival book it looks like they're all on the Upper Deck. Can someone who's had one tell me about them? Are some better than others?

Also, the layout looks different from the Fantasy class and Conquest class ships. I'm used to the Promenade Deck being about Deck 5. Is it a good layout or not? Our other choice is the Liberty.

We had booked a 4AGTY cabin on the Legend this past Jan. We were upgraded to 7A cabin 5182 on the upper deck. No problems at all with the view. The lifeboats and tenders come up to the balcony railing. You can see out over the boats, but cant really look down. Great cabin,dont let the obstructed name change your mind. You will love them. Happy cruising.

If you are talking about a 7a- lifeboats are outside the balconies. You will be able to see out to sea fine. No obstruction-- your obstructions comes as you are looking down.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/283580891IJeRZn

deck 5 and deck 6 is shown here. Deck 5 is where the lifeboat is.. and that is an obstructed balcony.

You can go out on 7A obstructed view balconies. It's 5A obstructed view cabins that have doors with a railing with no balcony.

We had a 7A on the Legend in May and it was great (upgraded from a 6A oceanview GTYwith window). One thing to be careful of : the crew seems to be constantly woking on the lifeboats so when you least expect it a crew member may pop out of the boat. Be warned ...

Daisy- Did your door open on the LEgend-- Rumor had it that carnivalhad them sealed.

We had 2 obstructed view balcony cabins -cat 7A , on the Legend in May, and the doors opened to the balcony. We enjoyed the balcony everday and was able to get a good view and nice pix. The only 'problem' was they were constantly working on the tenders throughout the week and my DH , who was on the balcony reading, was startled when the worker 'popped out' out of the hatch the first time !!

I wonder what that rumor was all about ???

Rumor is for 5A's the french doors-- not the 7A obstructed balcony.

French doors opened to nothing. (accidents waiting to happen especially if booked with small children I guess

We had a 7A too on the Legend - I think it was 5183 and it was great! Sure beats a window!! The rooms in the back have the smaller lifeboats and they come up to the bottom of the balcony. Like the others said - you just can't see straight down. While in our room - I saw someone on the boat maybe once. Just if you do go for it - keep the balcony door locked at all times! I enjoyed it very much.

Archived