3 Star Fort Lauderdale Hotels

lovevacadays

I have cruised out of Fort Lauderdale a few times and have a few favorite hotels in the 4-5 star range. In January of 2015 I may be cruising with some relatives that will not be willing to pay 4 star prices. They typically do 2 star but I think we will compromise at 3 stars.

I would love recommendations of any hotels in the 3 star range. It would be fine if they are a bit away from the port. Any information you can provide as to your experience in a 3 star type hotel in FL would be appreciated.:)

In the port area, by 17th St, there are Extended Stay, Holiday Inn Express, and Hyatt Place. Hyatt Place can usually be obtained on Valuetrips for a great price. I think you would all be very satisfied there. The thing is that they are not yet showing pricing for January 2015...for this January it is only $179/night, to give you an idea of pricing.

Another popular area is Stirling Rd at I-95: Hampton Inn, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hilton Garden Inn, Cambria Suites, Best Western Plus. These are all modern hotels and many of them offer free breakfast and shuttles.

We always stay at the Sleep Inn in Dania, free airport shuttle and breakfast, small charge for port shuttle and normally book for around $100 a night. A few restaurants, Walgreens and Publix within walking distance.

Edited by vniemo2

royalcruz,

thanks for your suggestions. We are looking for somewhere post cruise one night in April.

Have you ever used value trips, or does anyone else have any experience with them?? I normally use priceline or hotwire, but this looks like a great deal.

thanks in advance

LOTS of cruisers use valuetrips. If you see a price there you like I'd book it. Definitely a good middle of the road hotel with a good location for shopping for last min. items and restaurants. Very close to the port. Everyone will be happy there.

Edited by eandj

We always stay at the Sleep Inn in Dania, free airport shuttle and breakfast, small charge for port shuttle and normally book for around $100 a night. A few restaurants, Walgreens and Publix within walking distance.

I have recommended Sleep Inn on other threads, but if you look on Tripadvisor, there are so many complaints lately of it being run down, dirty, and smelly. It sounds like it's being neglected into a 2 star unfortunately. For people used to 4 star hotels, I am afraid that it would not be nice enough. At least the price there is still very low and it's a good neighborhood and convenient.

LOTS of cruisers use valuetrips. If you see a price there you like I'd book it. Definitely a good middle of the road hotel with a good location for shopping for last min. items and restaurants. Very close to the port. Everyone will be happy there.

Hyatt Place? & Is this a "good" area? I hate booking hotels in cities i know nothing about..

I found Hyatt Place on valuetrips for $99 for the date we will be there, i filled out the reservation info...it says it has to be approved and can take a few days & its not confirmed until its approved... Just curious do you happen to know what they do to "approve" this ... or a reason they wouldnt? & does it really take that long to find out?

I found Hyatt Place on valuetrips for $99 for the date we will be there, i filled out the reservation info...it says it has to be approved and can take a few days & its not confirmed until its approved... Just curious do you happen to know what they do to "approve" this ... or a reason they wouldnt? & does it really take that long to find out?

littlered, I also made a reservation with value trips for the first time yesterday. I don't understand this "confirmation period" either. Hopefully someone here can who has used them can comment. I was kinda thinking it was just a statement on the website and thought maybe the confirmation would come thru pretty quick. But 15 hrs later and I still have nothing

Hyatt pl needs to ok the room. They offer rooms to discounters to fill. If they are busy the discounter will not get extra rooms. I'd give them 48 hours and then reconnect with Valuetrips.

Edited by eandj

Sorry to hijack your thread but this is also about a FLL hotel and you might also be interested in the comments. Has anyone stayed at the Westin Ft. Lauderdale on Corporate Drive? We have a cruise booked for February 2015. If you have, was it nice and close to the airport and Port Everglades? What was the cheapest rate you received for 1 night and where did you make your reserveration (ie. hotels.com/priceline.com, etc.) Any other info about this hotel would be very much appreciated! :) Thank you!

Sorry to hijack your thread but this is also about a FLL hotel and you might also be interested in the comments. Has anyone stayed at the Westin Ft. Lauderdale on Corporate Drive? We have a cruise booked for February 2015. If you have, was it nice and close to the airport and Port Everglades? What was the cheapest rate you received for 1 night and where did you make your reserveration (ie. hotels.com/priceline.com, etc.) Any other info about this hotel would be very much appreciated! :) Thank you!

Start a new thread re your hotel. You'll get more replies. :) Also check out recent reviews on tripadvisor.com. Most hotels near the airport will be about 15 min. from the port. Some hotels have things nearby like restaurants. SOme not so much. I'd google it to check it out.

That's a peak weekend.So prices will be higher than in other months.

Edited by eandj

• 2 months later...
In the port area, by 17th St, there are Extended Stay, Holiday Inn Express, and Hyatt Place. Hyatt Place can usually be obtained on Valuetrips for a great price. I think you would all be very satisfied there. The thing is that they are not yet showing pricing for January 2015...for this January it is only $179/night, to give you an idea of pricing.

Another popular area is Stirling Rd at I-95: Hampton Inn, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hilton Garden Inn, Cambria Suites, Best Western Plus. These are all modern hotels and many of them offer free breakfast and shuttles.

Thank you for the information. This is really helpful. I've never used Valuetrips so will check it out.