Getting to/ From Trunk Bay

rob&tam

Taxi to Red Hook $12 per person, ferry $6, taxi to Trunk Bay $6, entrance fee $4. We took a ship sponsored ferry directly from the cruise terminal to Cruz bay for $35 a person which included punch +/- rum on the way back.

IMO, cheaper and easier to go to Coki, Sapphire or Maegans Bay beaches on St Thomas. The beaches are still really nice, even if they aren't ST John.

Thank you, it has gone up a bit but stayed similar to what I remember.

In most cases/ places I would take your advice and change beaches but I want my kids to see Trunk Bay and don't know if we will have this opportunity again.

Adding this up for 11 people I may want to look for a boat charter or something... Just thinking out loud

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would also consider the time factor. I don't know how long you are in port, but for our trip, with travel time to and from Trunk, it would leave us with 2 or so hours at the beach.

ETA - I did some pricing for a boat rental and I think for your group that may be the way to go. Prices aren't bad if you have a group going. For the two of us, it was pretty steep (we were looking for one without a captain but most seem to include captain).

Edited by 1kaper

Taxi to Red Hook $12 per person, ferry $6, taxi to Trunk Bay $6, entrance fee $4. We took a ship sponsored ferry directly from the cruise terminal to Cruz bay for $35 a person which included punch +/- rum on the way back.

IMO, cheaper and easier to go to Coki, Sapphire or Maegans Bay beaches on St Thomas. The beaches are still really nice, even if they aren't ST John.

We did the St John self tour last week while on Freedom. It was well worth the $35. We left 25 feet from the freedom (other side of the concrete peir), and landed right at the National Park Visitors center (a 5 min cab ride to Trunk). Taxi was $6 each way to Trunk, with $4 entrance. It was a pretty rough boat ride for 30 or so of the 45 mins each way, but was no stress way to get to Trunk.

It was opperated by Capt Jack of Independant Tours BTW.