Are 2 passengers usually cheaper then 3?

nstraveller

Im a new cruiser and booked early, so i keep checking to see if the prices goes down. My final payment is do next week.

I checked today and mistakenly put 2 passengers in instead of 3.

The price was $40 cheaper with 2 in the same category room then it is for 3.

I always thought it was cheaper to put more in one room.

Anybody hear of this before. Any suggestions?

There may have been cheaper cabins that hold only two people (such as a 1A) which would not show when you book a cabin for 3. That may have been the reason for the difference. Also, they may have not had any 4A (for example) available that could hold 3 but they had a 4C that could (which would be higher priced). Need to verify the cabin class you are in.

Assuming this is a cruise during Spring Break?

You've run into a classic case of supply and demand. Last year we booked two cabins a month before Spring Break. The total fare for the two cabins was cheaper than a single quad cabin.

Edited by SadieN

they split the PP rate over all 3 passengers so its a bit confusing. Usually the rate is the same for the first 2 people in the cabin in the same category, add a $249 upcharge (or something like this) for person 3 and 4 plus taxes and fees.

Say your cabin is $2100, it will show the price as $700 per passenger in the booking tool. Really its more like 900,900,300...with the same cabin pricing out to 1800 for two people or $900 each.

I'm not sure I got my point across, but its not as straight forward as it appears when doing a quick booking and not getting the per passenger breakdown in the final payment page.

I am paying 559 for the first 2 people, the 3 third is 579.

I guess what im trying to figure out is why is a third person more,and not the same or cheaper.This is what shows on my invoice.

As i checked today by booking for 2 people it is 499 for room 1011.

I am in 1032 the room is the same size it just has 1 more bed. So i pay more for a bunk then a full bed on the floor. Go figure 579 for bunk

559 for bed.

I guess im used to resort pricing.Where 3rd and 4th in same room are always cheaper as it is still only 1 room.

I often cruise with 3 to a cabin and, as you stated, the 3rd is generally slightly less than passenger 1 and 2. We then take the total cost and split 3 ways so although the cabin obviously is more, the per passenger rate is less than it would have been with 2. Not sure I've ever seen when 3rd person is more.

I am paying 559 for the first 2 people, the 3 third is 579.

I guess what im trying to figure out is why is a third person more,and not the same or cheaper.This is what shows on my invoice.

As i checked today by booking for 2 people it is 499 for room 1011.

I am in 1032 the room is the same size it just has 1 more bed. So i pay more for a bunk then a full bed on the floor. Go figure 579 for bunk

559 for bed.

I guess im used to resort pricing.Where 3rd and 4th in same room are always cheaper as it is still only 1 room.

I always book quite a time in advance and have never come across what you are saying. We have always booked 3 in a cabin, paid the same price for the first two passengers and somewhere less than half (usually closer to 1/3) for the third in a cabin......I would call to confirm that it was not some sort of booking glitch.

I find it amazing that anyone could think that booking three people would be cheaper than booking two.

The total price is higher with three, but we have 3 on our upcoming cruise, and my fiance and I were a little under $1000 each, and my daughter was around $600.

I find it amazing that anyone could think that booking three people would be cheaper than booking two.

I thought this at first too but After reading some of the OP's other posts, I think they worded it wrong. I believe what they meant was why are passengers 1 & 2 are cheaper than passenger 3 in the same cabin when it's usually passenger 3 that is cheaper.

Thats what im trying to say, thought i explained it by telling the prices. Sorry for the confusion. What im saying is im paying more for the third person then the first 2.

If i book 2 people it 499 per person.

With 3 it 559 for the first 2 and 579 for the third.

I have checked and this is the correct price. Could not tell me why.

It just is MORE for the THIRD PERSON then the first 2.

Thats what im saying. If its 2 people its 499 per person.

If i book 3 its 559 for the first 2 and 579 for the third.I called and that is correct. No reason why.

No i dont think 3 should be cheaper then 2 .That would be crazy.

Im close but not there yet. I dont think i am anyway.

Thats what im trying to say, thought i explained it by telling the prices. Sorry for the confusion. What im saying is im paying more for the third person then the first 2.

That doesn't make sense. If it is 499 for a cabin with 2, then it would be 499 for the first 2 plus whatever the third person price is. Most of the time that third person price is lower, but not always. What doesn't make sense is that the price for the first 2 would be different if you have the same category. Are you looking at different rate codes? What ship and sailing date is it?

I don't understand why the third person is more, but as to why the 3 person cabin is more per person than the two person cabin is probably due to the 3 person cabin being a higher category. Such as 4E instead of a 4A.

That doesn't make sense. If it is 499 for a cabin with 2' date=' then it would be 499 for the first 2 plus whatever the third person price is. Most of the time that third person price is lower, but not always. What doesn't make sense is that the price for the first 2 would be different if you have the same category. Are you looking at different rate codes? What ship and sailing date is it?[/quote']

Not if the $499 rate if for a cabin that holds only two (possibly even a 1A with bunk beds) and the higher rate is for a cabin that can hold 3 instead of just two. Have to know the cabin categories as well.

Try it for yourselfs its april 13 out of miami on the conquest.

First try it with 2 passengers. it should come up as 499 per person.

Then redo it all and try 3. See if it comes up 539 per person.

When perchased it was 559 now its 539.

Edited by nstraveller