So, on our last Celebrity Summit cruise...

whatevergoes

When we were dining in the MDR on the formal night when they served Lobster Tails, I requested Surf N Turf. Our waiter, Wa Wan said that he would bring the lobster first, then once I started eating it, he would order the steak ? He said he could not give me both at once??? I thought I would be able to have them at the same time, not one now and one later. Has anyone else ever tried to order two entrees and experienced this strange occurrence? We are going again in May and need done input on how to do this particular combo and also if I wanted to try two entrees or appetizers. Thanks!!

We were on Summit twice last year and once they served it that way and once they brought out entrees on seperate plates. I think they do that because someone in the kitchen watches what goes out on each tray. I don't think its a problem how many they bring you its just how many at one time,I think its the same for appetizers or desserts.

J.

Your waiter needed to be educated. Next time tell him to bring out both dinners. When he gets to his serving station, transfer the lobster tail to the plate with the filet, and feed the rest of that stuff on the lobster plate to the fishes.

Wine-O is correct… on the Summit and on other ships the waiter replates the two entrees on a single plate in the waiters' staging area. Now, I have been asked before if I wanted one and then the other so they would be hot… but when I've asked for it to be served at the same time, never a problem.

Thanks. He was so adamant about it I just thought that was the rule. I'll explain how to do it next time if the wait person tells me No again. He was super sweet though and efficient. His assistant was great also. Can't wait for May 25th and Celebrity Summit and Bermuda.