Driving down to cruise..

lovetotravel06

Hey all,

First time I've tried this. Usually fly in a day or so in advance, cab here, cab there, and then fly home.

Felt like driving down this time (why I'm not sure, guess because I can?! lol)

Anyway, what's the best way to get to port, park, etc. with your own car? I'm sure it's been covered in depth but I'm feeling lazy! :)

Staying down on Hollywood Beach (not that that's relevant) but looking for experienced tips from the masses here!

Good place to park and then shuttle to the ship?

Oh yes, Port Everglades is the port in question! About forgot!

Thanks in advance!!

Hey all,

First time I've tried this. Usually fly in a day or so in advance, cab here, cab there, and then fly home.

Felt like driving down this time (why I'm not sure, guess because I can?! lol)

Anyway, what's the best way to get to port, park, etc. with your own car? I'm sure it's been covered in depth but I'm feeling lazy! :)

Staying down on Hollywood Beach (not that that's relevant) but looking for experienced tips from the masses here!

Good place to park and then shuttle to the ship?

Oh yes, Port Everglades is the port in question! About forgot!

Thanks in advance!!

I don't think the port is very far. Which hotel are you staying at? We are staying at Hyatt Place/Hyatt House. Some hotels will let you keep your car at the hotel for the week for a fee and shuttle you to the port, or you can park at Park and Go, which is very close to the ship and very nice. Google Park and Go and that should help a bit, again which hotel are you staying at?.

Highly recommend "Park and Go". They are right at the entrance to Port Everglades, right off the 595. Pretty much 595 ends at the port, and then you see the signs to turn left into the Park and Go lot. Super easy! Tons of shuttles to each terminal, and tons of shuttles available after the cruise. Never had to wait.

We drive down most of the time too. We're from Canada (Niagara Falls area), and we make the drive part of the vacation. On the day before the cruise, we usually end up staying at a hotel about 2-3 hours north, and then just complete the drive into the port the day of the cruise, usually getting to the terminal at about 10:30-10:45am. Tons of hotels along the I-95 around the Melbourne/Vero Beach area. They will be less expensive than the hotels around the port.

Where are you driving from?

Thanks for the replies! I'll try to address a couple questions and make a comment or two.

We're staying at the Westin Diplomat...Never ceases to amaze me how much I can save with Hotwire! I can basically have champagne on a beer budget! :) Pretty awesome! lol

I KNOW from the ratings, description, etc. which place is which in several areas, Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Beach area being one of them. We're staying there for 3 days pre cruise (and will stay "somewhere", perhaps there, post cruise for a few days as well).

I guess we're thinking the drive might be "part of the the vacation" too. Haven't drove down there in AGES. We're coming from IL so it's a very nice change of climate in the winter for us! :)

I'll have to check out the places to the north a few hours. Excellent idea there!

Sounds like Park and Go is exactly what I'm looking for! Parking at our hotel will NOT be an option! lol

Yes, I could have posted this query somewhere else but the RCI forum is where I hang out in CC. I knew there would be some quality replies here. :)

Again, thanks for the ideas, input, etc. I appreciate it! Can't wait to get down there again. It's COLD here!

P.S. What is the rate at Park and GO out of curiosity.

A quick google seach for Park&Go Port Everglades got this....

https://www.bookparkngo.com/index.php?main_page=parking_step1

Perfect. Sorry for being lazy. :) I do know how to use Google (actually a Bing user here). Park and Go search was next on my list of things to check out. While I was typing away I just thought I'd ask the rates while at it. :)

Perfect. Sorry for being lazy. :) I do know how to use Google (actually a Bing user here). Park and Go search was next on my list of things to check out. While I was typing away I just thought I'd ask the rates while at it. :)

No problem... I, and most of us here on CC don't mind helping out. What becomes frustrating is people know, but won't take the time to "search" for the answers they want (whether here on CC, or Google, Bing) etc. When people state they have searched and can't find an answer they need, many will answer.... when you came up and said you're too lazy to look - you won't get many responses.

No problem... I, and most of us here on CC don't mind helping out. What becomes frustrating is people know, but won't take the time to "search" for the answers they want (whether here on CC, or Google, Bing) etc. When people state they have searched and can't find an answer they need, many will answer.... when you came up and said you're too lazy to look - you won't get many responses.

Yet I got all the responses I needed though eh? :)

Quite frankly, I probably didn't even need to make a post period I guess. Just in that "excited we're cruising soon" state of mind and like the discourse here.

I browse here a lot, post some, etc. I see the same questions over and over again too. Some how I just skip those posts (if they've got their answers that is) and move on to the next one. No frustrations here. :)

Truth be known, I'd hazard a guess that there would be about 50% less postings here if people with questions really tried hard via searches, etc. to find answers to their questions. What fun is that!? :)

Opinion threads are another can of worms of course.

Looking forward to heading out to sea again quite soon here! Can you feel the excitement!? :)

We use " park and go " . Close to port and very efficient. Google for any coupons available.

Can you suggests some sites for Park n Go coupons. I googled and tried a few codes listed, but none of them worked. Their current online rate is $8 per day plus tax....no self park available which means you must leave your keys with them. Did you leave your keys? -- any problems?

I would never again leave my keys with anyone again. Luxury Parking lost my keys once, luckily we had a spare. There is a ramp (covered) at the Renaissance Hotel just a few blocks north of Port Everglades. You can book direct with the owner @ premiercruisepark@bellsouth.net , or call 800-435-3195 to reserve. You pay cash when you get there, but not to the Hotel. The ramp owner has a free van to the ship, the driver collects your weekly parking fee.

For $3 a day you can park at the Hilton Garden Inn just off Stirling Road near the Oakwood Plaza Mall or Homewood Suites and Fairfield Inn on Griffin Road. No hotel stay is required, but you need to book it through the One Stop Parking link below. You should also look into staying at a hotel post cruise that will allow you to park while you are on your cruise. I would suggest the LaQuinta FLL Airport.

https://www.onestopparking.com/

The link below will give you some coupon codes to get a couple dollars off your total.

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/onestopparking.com