Has anyone taken a RCCL excursion in FLL?

kely53

Just wondering if anyone has taken any of the excursions offered by RCCL post cruise in FLL. Flight out of FLL is at 4pm. Have already done the airboat ride so not interested in that. Thanks.

Just off the Liberty a few weeks ago and took a land and "sea" tour offered by Royal, with a drop off at FLL. The tour was painfully unorganized. We lost 45 minutes to an hour of the tour because we waited for Legend passengers to show up. After boarding at the Liberty dock they took us over to where the Legend was docked. It was about a 2 hour wait as there was some sort of mis-communication about times on the Legend.

The land portion was rushed due to the time issues, and it really showed. We did enjoy the "sea" portion. We really toured the inter water-ways of the area, and never made it out to sea.

This tour only confirmed why I rarely use Royal for excursions, and it I doubt I would ever take a Royal excursion again.

Thank you so much for your response. We have taken a cruise ship excursion once on our first cruise when I did not know about independent tour operators. The only reason I was looking at an excursion with RCCL was it looked like a simple way to kill time before our flight at 4. Your luggage travels with you etc. I definitely do not want to have an experience like you had.

I have done the "airboat through the everglades" twice and it was well done. But, it rarely goes. They need a minimum number of passengers and they rarely fill up. It was a nice way to waste time AND get a ride to the airport but when they cancel the excursion at the last moment then you will be stuck taking a cab and spending the day at the airport.

Good luck!

Just wondering if anyone has taken any of the excursions offered by RCCL post cruise in FLL. Flight out of FLL is at 4pm. Have already done the airboat ride so not interested in that. Thanks.

Did the 'duck boat" on the intercoastal waterways

with a bus tour of Ft Lauderdale. Luggage was in bus and it was a way to fill several hours before our flight to Canada. Cost wasn't much more than a transfer to airport. Wasn't as well organized as a circle tour with airport drop off in Honolulu but was acceptable.

We also did the airboat ride in the Everglades. We can't help you with the others. Our bus was pretty full, so no issue with cancelling, but we were on the Allure - big ship! The tour went fine and was fun. It is a nice way to get to the airport with your luggage when you have a later flight.

Just wondering with the airboat, does your luggage come on the bus or meet you at the airport? I will be on Oasis. Afew years ago on Allure, I did the beach at Hollywood with RCCL, which was a nice easy beach day, but our luggage went separately to the airport and we picked it up there.

Just wondering with the airboat, does your luggage come on the bus or meet you at the airport? I will be on Oasis. Afew years ago on Allure, I did the beach at Hollywood with RCCL, which was a nice easy beach day, but our luggage went separately to the airport and we picked it up there.

The luggage stayed with us in the separate secure luggage compartment under the bus. They unloaded it when we got to the airport.

Hi - this is just a guess, but I think if you take advantage of the separate "Luggage Valet" program with RCI (such as on the Oasis or Allure), then your luggage (checked) will head to the airport automatically, and the only luggage with you on the excursion are your carry ons.

If you do not do the Luggage Valet, then you need to bring ALL of your luggage on the bus, as it has no other way to get their without you.

Hi - this is just a guess, but I think if you take advantage of the separate "Luggage Valet" program with RCI (such as on the Oasis or Allure), then your luggage (checked) will head to the airport automatically, and the only luggage with you on the excursion are your carry ons.

If you do not do the Luggage Valet, then you need to bring ALL of your luggage on the bus, as it has no other way to get their without you.

Yes. You do take it all on the bus, but it is no hassle at all. When you get to the bus, which will be parked right outside the terminal, you give it to the tour operators and they put it in the compartment under the bus. You don't see it again until you get to the airport. Once there they unload it at the curb for you to take to the check in area.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I have been wanting to ride the water taxi then catch a late flight in FFL. The past two years my ship did not offer valet service and I was stuck at the airport all day with luggage & can't check it prior to 3 hours from your flight departure. I called RCI prior to sailing and they assured me my sailing would have luggage valet service. Beware, you can't count on it.