Debarkation from RC Freedom of the Seas

Wish2cruzmore

We are coming up on our 4th cruise but this will be our first from Port Canaveral on the Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas. The proximity to the airport seems to be a bit inconvenient. We love Ft. Lauderdale because it is a 10 minute taxi ride but this time we are traveling with a group and didn't have a say in the choice of ports. Anyway I'm looking for some feedback on experience getting off the ship. We have an option of an 11:45 flight and we have always been off the ship between 7-8 so this seems fine. However there is always someone out there to give you a horror story. What are the different options for leaving and what time can I reasonably expect to be off with that option?

Orlando where the airport is at least an hour away. There is a good chance you'd miss your flight. The ship may get into port at a certain time but that doesn't mean you'll get off right away, even with walk off. And the ship can be delayed just getting to the port. When there is a local airport ships say not to book a flight before 12 noon- and that's when the airport is right there.

I would change to a later flight to be safe.

We did this cruise in October. It was wonderful. You'll love it, and desembarkation went very smoothly. They did have this option of allowing you to disembark early if you carried all your all luggage.

That being said, I agree with all previous posters. 11:45AM flight, with all the increased airport check-in measures and long drive to Orlando is just cutting it too close.

Don't do it!

I think one of the wild cards with MCO is getting through security. Depending on the day you are flying out, if its a big 'vacation' week for families leaving from Disney, security can be a nightmare. I've waited 10 minutes, I've waited almost an hour.

We will be flying out of MCO on a Sunday and I purposely chose a flight after 2pm. Gives me plenty of time for a leisurely end to the cruise.