Princess book club?

kendon

Two weeks to go for my "Royal" cruise and just received notice of the Princess book club, and the January and February book for discussion.

Anyone ever participate?

Princess, you're doing a good job!

I read the book for my recent cruise on the Diamond. The meeting time was in the Patter. It conflicted with something else I wanted to attend but I saw quite a few people walking around with the book. Happy, still, because it was a very good book!

I once read "Jane Eyre" for the Book Club. It was a fiasco. When we first met, some of us (including me)had finished the book, others hadn't started it or were at various points in the stroy, and the crew member "leading" the group hadn't read it and had no idea how to lead the discussion.

That was the last time I bothered with the Book Club.

I participated in the book club on our 14-day Panama Canal cruise last April; the book we read was "Light between the Oceans". There were about 12 participants for the book club discussion, and one person (not sure if he was crew or not) who led the discussion. We met for about an hour, and then were bounced from the room because it was triple-booked. I thought it was worthwhile to participate, and the discussion was quite good. I asked several times during the cruise when the discussion would occur, but nobody seemed to have much information (the library person didn't even know); they did list the actual meeting in the Princess Patter.

I've checked the Princess website for an upcoming cruise, but there is no book listed for our ship/our month. I may have to call Princess, I'm sure it was an oversight (all other ships seem to be listed)

Karen