Wee Jimmy

squakittymaus

Does anybody know what ship Wee Jimmy is the CD for right now or if he's even still working for Carnival? He was my CD on Glory years ago, when I was very young, and when I went on again a few years later, he actually remembered me from calling in to the morning show and talking to him at the past guest party. Then I had him again last year, many years later, I wanna say on the Victory? Maybe the Sensation? I can't remember. But he STILL remembered me. He's, by far, my favorite cruise director. Always makes it a party and actually is involved with guests. I would book a ship based solely on if he was the CD.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We still remember his "Good Morning, Good Morning..."! :)

He also told really bad jokes during debarkation.

I always loved when he'd go on the intercom and whisper during debarkation

"Good morning beautiful, I don't mean to wake you but it's time to go home"

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I Love Wee Jimmy also. I was so hoping he would be on my upcoming cruise...but no such luck. :( We had him and Karl with a K as assistant. We had so much fun with them. We would always sit up front for all the shows and play with them. At the end of the cruise they called us onstage and gave my husband a watch and me a bottle of wine and the ship video from that week to thank us for being so involved and playing along. I also called in every morning on the radio show. He's a great CD!

• 1 month later...

Wee Jimmy is on the Carnival Sensation ship. We just got back from a cruise today, and he was the Cruise Director. We had also sailed on the Sensation in September 2012, and he was there as well.

Wee Jimmy was my fav as well. Mainly bc he was the CD on my wedding cruise and I got interviewed on the morning show with him. Then the night before my wedding my friends and I met up with him at a bar in PR and he bought me the best mojito I've ever had!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Went on my honeymoon in december of 2010 and was on the love and marriage show. Then a year later went on the same cruise for our 1st anniversary. He remembered us from the cruise before and called us by name. He is by far my favorite cruise director.

• 2 weeks later...

I never cared a flip about who the CD was until we sailed with Wee Jimmy. Up until then, a CD was just the most annoying background noise imaginable. But after sailing with him on the Legend, I've come to actually care who the CD is and will pay close attention to some of them. It behooves Carnival to have very captivating characters in those positions. A bad one won't ruin my cruise but I will pay far more attention to one who is entertaining!

According to John Heald's blog, he is on Sensation until June, and then off for 2 months, and back on again. We had him on the Legend a few years ago and loved him. His name is actually Ralph Valente. I would love to have him as a CD again. Here is the link to the schedule.

http://johnhealdsblog.com/etc/cdschedule_201308-201408.pdf