How to fill the day post cruise with a 5:30 p FLL departure.

chica

I am looking at the RCCL air boat ride on the Everglades but it picks up at 9 am and drops off at 1:30 pm. I am not fond of spending 4 hours waiting at the airport with a 4 year old. BTDT too many times! Any ideas for how to fill the time and manage luggage? I looked at the water taxis but what would we do with luggage?

If they have a thing like Bags to go, where Your bags are put out the night before and you do not see them until You get to your home airport, I would suggest doing that. I know on Carnival it is $20 per person. We use it all the time. You could then take a taxi to the Water Taxi, and spend your time doing that until you go to the airport.

Claudia

A few years ago we rented a car. It was very handy to just put our bags in the trunk and spend the day going where we wanted to go. I don't know if there are rentals right at the port, but we reserved and took a shuttle to the rental car place. Very convenient. You could just as easily take a taxi to the rental office if you don't want to wait for a shuttle.

Edited by ell52

Are there rental cars available at the port?

There are rental cars available just outside the port from most companies. Look for locations on SE17th St, S Federal Hwy, and Miami Rd. I think that Budget on SE 17th ST will pick you up in a shuttle for free.